Newbie to the sight

My husband and I will be moving to the Dominican Republic crossing fingers hopefully in February. We already have a home in Sosua and are now working on our visas and residency. I'm not sure I have any questions at the moment. We do have two large dogs and are worried about getting them to DR. We have looked at all papers needed and such. I think we are ready. Just wanted to say I like this sight and have read many posts. Now I know where to go if I have a question our friends in the area and surrounding area cannot answer. I think our biggest problem is not speaking Spanish. I only know a small amount, plus a small amount of French. Thank you for Expat.com. One of the best websites for discussion about moving and visiting.

Seahols welcome to the forum.  Looks like we will be neighbors.  Where in Sosua is your house? Are you retire here or planning on working?

Please feel free to ask any questions about living here.  There are some good folks here on the forum with lots of good information to share.

Good luck on your adventure.

Bob K

Welcome to the forums!!!!   We are here to help when we can.  I like that you are already reading...... so much is covered on here!

Feel free to ask your questions whenever you need to!!!!   Welcome to Paradise!

Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you. I told my husband I had posted on this blog and he mentioned Bob K posts quite a bit, helping others out. I know my husband Les has emailed you several times and am sure he still has questions coming for you. We were supposed to meet up with you in May when we were there but time got away from us! We have a home in Perla Marina.

Hola,
Yes Les and I have certainly "talked" a lot.  Glad to see the plans are moving along.  Yes let me know if you need any info and see  you sooner than you can imagine

Bob K