Transportation of vehicles between countries in the GCC

Hi Does anyone have any experience purchasing a car in KSA and moving it to Kuwait? I purchased a brand new car in KSA in 2012. When I left in Feb of 2014 I had to turn it over to a friend of mine to clear my Iqama. It is paid clear and free and in good hands in KSA still. Now I have to "purchase" the car from him and bring it here which seems pretty straight forward, however it seems that its somewhat of an issue due to no one knowing the same answer or having the same answer. There

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

evglassett wrote:

Hi Does anyone have any experience purchasing a car in KSA and moving it to Kuwait? I purchased a brand new car in KSA in 2012. When I left in Feb of 2014 I had to turn it over to a friend of mine to clear my Iqama. It is paid clear and free and in good hands in KSA still. Now I have to "purchase" the car from him and bring it here which seems pretty straight forward, however it seems that its somewhat of an issue due to no one knowing the same answer or having the same answer. There

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

Your point wasn't really clear, Why do you need to purchase it from your friend ? Since you gave it to him to clear off some documents.

Why do you even need to all that, why not just like travel with it to Kuwait and stay with it there as if your going on a vacation ?

Once in Kuwait, you can" import" the car. You can either ask a transport company to have the shippment processed OR ask a Kuwaiti national friend to drive it down for you through the border. The later is a cheaper alternative as you may need to pay approximately 5% as the import duty on the purchase price.

Regards,
Raunak

I wish it were that easy, if you want to be legal then its not as simple as traveling to Kuwait and leaving it. Also the selling aspect is just on paper but it has to have a trail of ownership so they know where it came from.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Raunak86 seems that was the ticket