Female expats in Riyadh?!

Hi ladies! First of all, I have to mention that I never in my life got as desperate to meet up with new people as I did since I got here in Riyadh... Leaving friends, family and an entire culture behind is one thing... But being literally alone and bored to death in a place like Riyadh is another. It just adds to the KSA expat spiciness.
Alright let's get to the point; how about us bored ladies finally make a move and meet up! Let's get out of the daily routine and try to make the best out of this place. I am so up for it! However unlikely it seems, I am sure we can have fun in KSA if we're just determined enough.

Contact me so I can try and get something organized. Much love and keep your heads up!

Well, I hope all ladies be as adventurous as yourself and organize a meet up for you ladies to come out of the state boredom and have a great experience and story to tell there families back from where they come from.

Keep up and don't loose hope. Riyadh is all yours to wonder around just stick to the limits.

Hi, desperate expatriate,
Yes you r right up to some extend, however, there can be some fruitful activities like writing to the various newspaper, visiting places, fishing , reading worshiping, communicating, reading  etc.

Ladies can meet in organised compound coffee mornings.

SO, not sure if this is what you are looking for or not - but....I am set to be in KSA late October. I am BIG on planning trips and such and will be living in the north. I plan to leave that area once a month or so and go somewhere (and no, not just Bahrain or Dubai). I would love to check out the areas of KSA and am more than willing to help organize stuff.

Perhaps I should wait till I am there to post but I have the day off and am a bit bored here (looks like Ill do just fine in SaudI! ;) )

So anyway, you have at least one female interested in getting together late next month sometime...unfortunately, until then I am not much help :)

Fofaz where will you be working?

I noticed there is a new meetup on meetup.com for women.

Hey guys,

All going well (second interview Monday!) I shall be in Riyadh in early November:)  If I am successful I will be staying at DQ.  I would love to meet up with you all... don't want to count my chickens yet but better to be prepared. 

Keep me informed:)

This might be worth joining looks like dinner, coffee meeting and even a book club get together:)

http://www.meetup.com/Riyadh-Expat-Local-Women/

Pearly - I will be working in the North. But, ugh, who knows when! It's looking more like November now. But at least I get to stay here for autumn!! :) I do plan on making trips around KSA and to Riyadh once a month or so. Distance isn't too big of a deal for me.

Not female...but you may want to see this site :

internations.org

best
Ely

Hi guys
I know how it feels to be in a completely new place with new ppl. Im a riyadh born and brought up non saudi :)
Let me know if i can be of any help to u.

Hello Miryam,

I started a toastmaster club in english for ladies only in Riyadh. So Females from all nationalities could spend good time while improving their skills in biweekly basis.

We meet twice a month in one of the oldest non-profit society for women in Riyadh.

If you need more information you can find the details of the club here:
Al Nahda Toastmasters (FOR LADIES ONLY) - Club #: 3831766, Dist #: 79  Area: A03, Est: 3/25/2014   
reports.toastmasters.org/findaclub/searchresults.cfm?Country=Saudi%20Arabia&State=&City=Riyadh

Where are u from sorry....lol
Finally u discovered what all of us suffer for?  Lol...

Only the invite for females?

@ Isa Van Verderlin > The title is a good reference as a reply to your question.  :whistle:

Hi Priscilla,
                    Not sure what that meant, but welcome to Australia and hope you enjoy our Country and make lots new friends. you can always call me my mobile number is 0418 276 120 or email me??

best regards,

Nicky Pillay

Isa van Verlinden wrote:

Only the invite for females?

Sure is my friend.  :dumbom:

Hi , can i have friends here ( English speakers ❤️????

Abeer

I am located in Riyadh so friends you are welcome, we can have good time,

am interested, please plan something and put up here, then we can take votes for who all will come....and finalize it

Hi
Im from Riyadh can we be a friends
I can help you about anything you want

Check out hayatour.com. They offer all-day and overnight tours and it's a good way to meet interesting people, and filter out crazies! Their Edge of the World tour is amazing. Bring a hat!

http://www.for-girls-only.be/assets/img/_cache/20d8f851f3319c4757fe25b21eb65695.png

Come on now guys! Look at the title of this topic thread. It is clearly directed to FEMALE expats. Please show some respect and allow the female members to have some space.

You guys don't have to reply to EVERY topic posted here on the blog.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

hi. Hope you r enjoying riyadh both socially & at work.  even though I doubt the 1st.

I am with you if you want to meet up in riyadh :)
If any female is also interested to meet here in riyadh and to get to know each other feel free to send a private message, thanks!

Miryam_89 wrote:

Hi ladies! First of all, I have to mention that I never in my life got as desperate to meet up with new people as I did since I got here in Riyadh... Leaving friends, family and an entire culture behind is one thing... But being literally alone and bored to death in a place like Riyadh is another. It just adds to the KSA expat spiciness.
Alright let's get to the point; how about us bored ladies finally make a move and meet up! Let's get out of the daily routine and try to make the best out of this place. I am so up for it! However unlikely it seems, I am sure we can have fun in KSA if we're just determined enough.

Contact me so I can try and get something organized. Much love and keep your heads up!

Hi Miryam,

Your my first post so forgive me if I'm off the mark. Am amused at how your thread took on a life of its own! And the boss guy is quite funny. I'm arriving in Riyadh in two days...Oct 29th. Know one other person from here in London (Canadian woman) and really want to meet other women as well. How do I go about being in touch...etiquette wise?
Must do something about my terribly skimpy profile blurb.

Jane

annpreilly wrote:

Hey guys,

All going well (second interview Monday!) I shall be in Riyadh in early November:)  If I am successful I will be staying at DQ.  I would love to meet up with you all... don't want to count my chickens yet but better to be prepared. 

Keep me informed:)

Hi Ann,

You are my second post ever but I didn't learn much from the first one as it was just a minute ago. Are you in Riyadh yet? Bit of a slog the visa process but I'm arriving on Thursday Oct 29th and looking to meet other expat women. I'm a teacher as well (did I read that you're a teacher or did I make that up?). What's DQ? Forgive the ignorance and sure, I'll have a google once I submit this but got a feeling it won't come up :). Am wondering what's come of Miryam's thread starter. Hope I haven't missed the outing of a lifetime!

This site seems to have PMs and I'll have a look for that now.

Take care,
Jane

hello hope you are well on here have a very nice day

mohd-67 wrote:

hello hope you are well on here have a very nice day

This thread is for FEMALE  expats in Riyadh.... :whistle:

Here the Ladies

Please let me know if there is a job for a computer teacher for a single female from India

Thank You

Enjoy

Lets meet up ;)

lets meet

osamaosa wrote:

lets meet

Are you a lady?

I am so up for that. I can leave my daughter with my hubby

looks like this post was from a while ago! but i'm also looking to make some friends in Riyadh!

Hi ....ditto!!! Though, I noticed that this post is way back 2014? I am sure your social life is booming already...May I join if you are still in KSA.... cheers.....