Hello or should I say Hola

Hi

I'm Adam, I'm relocating to Barcelona on the 1st of October, I have paid a few months rent up front on a room near placa d'espanya and have a TEFL qulaification so hope I can make this great city my new home and make an income from teaching English or a role in the customer services industry.

I have quite a few questions about my move, I am familiar with the city but wondered if anyone could help me answer will I need an NIE number before I can work?

Also this is a bit more odd I would like to take my TV and Playstation over with me, I am flying with Ryanair and have paid for the maximum luggage allowance, I checked their website and it says personal electronic items are not allowed in the checked baggage but as these are large electronic items (although both fit comfortably in my suitcase) I do not know if I should risk it especially with it being ryanair, any help would be most appreciated, sorry for posting this in my introduction, I'm new to these kind of forums.

Anyway nice to meet everyone and thanks in advance for your help

TVs are big and heavy.
Consider an LED projector.

Thanks Fred

I weighed the TV it is 6 kg's so still leaves me with a fair amount of weight for clothes etc as the hold luggage allowance is one bag of 15kgs and one of 20kg's (I have paid for this the maximum amount) I am also willing to accept responsibilty for loss or damage to the item, I just want to find out if it is permitted to take these items.

Thanks again