Visit for Information

Hi
I visit Chiang Mai every year in readiness of my hopeful retirement in about 3 years time to Chiang Mai. I am next visiting in January 2015 for a few weeks and hope to gain as much information regarding condo's and anything an expat needs to know....

Question: are there any groups/meetings that I could pop along to to speak to fellow expats.....?

Thank you

Howard

Hi,

Yes, there are many groups of expats that meet on a regular basis here where you could drop in and socialize.The Chiangmai Expats Club, http://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com, meets monthly for a general meeting on the fourth Saturday of the month. They also get together for coffee every Friday morning. You can find out more specific info on their website. Under their umbrella, there are many other groups that meet weekly which you will see on their site.

If you are a motorcyclist, we also have a riding club that meets socially every Wednesday evening and goes for a ride at least once every week.

Give me a shout if you want more info or have more questions.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi....just a bit of advice...the first thing to do I would say ...if you want replies ...is to be more careful about what 'heading' you use in your post...
The heading you used tells you nothing and asks no specific question...if you want to generate interest you have to grab attention ...and also provide a bit more detail about your self or plans ....
That would be my first bit of advice ...
Second bit is this.....there are a number of locations around the place where expats gather...or live....
And there are different crowds....there are the bar people ... The drinkers.....the girlie bar people and then there are other types who aren't that much interested in that....
Depends on what type of person you are...
More detail would help....
Mike