Job situation is like in New Zealand at the moment

Hi, my name is Fearghal i'm from Armagh in Ireland,and I would like to know what the job situation is like in New Zealand at the moment, i'm a experienced overseas worker having lived and worked for years in Boston and New York and have a lifetimes experience at roofing as well carpentry. In recent years I have worked in the civil service but because of huge cut backs I find myself currently in a job which pays the bills but which I dislike. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Fearghal,

I have created a new thread with your post on the New Zealand forum for more visibility and communication with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

fmg16 wrote:

Hi, my name is Fearghal i'm from Armagh in Ireland,and I would like to know what the job situation is like in New Zealand at the moment, i'm a experienced overseas worker having lived and worked for years in Boston and New York and have a lifetimes experience at roofing as well carpentry. In recent years I have worked in the civil service but because of huge cut backs I find myself currently in a job which pays the bills but which I dislike. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Try www.immigration.govt.nz for visa information and applications. There is a skills list which the govt is looking for. There is a working holiday visa as well. 

For jobs try www.seek.co.nz

Thanks very much

You should have no trouble finding work in Christchurch, due to the earthquake. Best place to look is www. trademe.co.nz

Hi guys I would like to know what are the rules regarding this and are you allowed to work and study in New Zealand as a foreigner?I would appreciate any response thanks

Nomaswazi wrote:

Hi guys I would like to know what are the rules regarding this and are you allowed to work and study in New Zealand as a foreigner?I would appreciate any response thanks

You can get a student visa which allows you to work part time 20 hrs a week.

You will need to apply for a student visa which will allow you to work a maximum of 30 hours per week. Best of luck.