Urgent help needed

I am an English woman who has been living in Cairo for nearly 3 years now, my husband is Egyptian and we have been married for over 2 years. We went to Sharm El Sheikh for a holiday on the 12/9/2014, on Monday 15/9 at about 6am the police knocked on our apartment door and the apartment of our friends and then proceeded to take 5 people away with them my husband included, when I tried to speak to the police to find out why they would not speak to me. His friends were released after a couple of hours but they kept my husband, we all went to the police station to find out what was going on and were told that 7 years ago he kissed his then girlfriend and a complaint was made, he knew nothing about this and we are surprised that this has suddenly come to light, as he has had police checks done for his work, for our marriage and for a visa application. He has now been taken for El Tur prison and we were originally told it was for 2 days then he would come back to Cairo to sign the paperwork and the problem would be finished, now it has turned into 5 days and I am getting really worried as no one will talk to me and tell me anything further. Could someone please give me some advice on what I can do.

Firstly, i am so sorry for hearing that, but you should find a lawyer immediately to interact with that situation.
On the other hand, i don't believe that they caught  him because he kissed his ex gf!!!

We have a lawyer but he doesn't seem to be getting any more information than we are at the moment, also that is exactly what we were told, we didn't believe it at first because it seemed so ridiculous, but the police are sticking with it.

There is clearly a lot more to this entire story than you are being told, or than you are telling us.

It is impossible to believe that the police are going to arrest 5 people over a simple public kiss, not even in Egypt. Certainly nobody is going to be held in prison for 5 days over such a triviality either.

Like William Shakespeare once said........ "There is something rotten in the State of Denmark".

Clearly, if you already have a lawyer there isn't anything that any of the forum members are going to be able to do for you that your lawyer can't.

This must be a horrible and frightening  situation for you. No one who tell you anything or maybe you are not allowed to see him.

If there aren't any witnesses at that time they have nothing to hold on. If I were you I seek help from a lawer.

Hi zaza

How are things right now
has anything developed or progressed since your last message
It must be incredibly upsetting for you.
It's not possible that he has some involvement to do with his job
Has it anything to do with government?
Thinking of your
Evie

Sounds really weird... Did I get that right, you've been to Sharm for a vacation? And how should the police know where you're staying if its an apartment?
Are you sure its been the police? Sorry if this may be a silly question but I've heard and seen the weirdest things to get a ladies money...
All the best for you

Caty