Already decided we're gonna love it.

Hubby & I left Australia and traveled to Bali, Thailand, India, Central America, Turkey & presently Scotland, only taken 15 years so far....time now to hang up our hats and think about acting our age   :lol:  we have already decided that Malta is the place for us. This Thursday will be our 1st. of a few trips to get a feel of where to settle before renting/buying a permanent home on the island. We look forward to our new life and meeting new friends.
Caz & Ross

Hiya Guys, have a great look around and if you need anything then PM me.

North and South are totally different as is Gozo.

Julian

Thanks Julian, that's interesting...north or south... We're booked into Selina Hotel, Qawra on Thursday for 3 weeks,
so we'll have to work our way down after that and see.
I hate to admit it but....what is a PM?  we must have been on the road too long......

Regards

Caz

private message  just click on profile and you can send:)
make sure at the airport you get a 7 day bus ticket its 6 euro50 and can be used on all buses .. (at airport they give you cardboard ones  they last longer then paper hehe)
south of the island is lovely , marsacala, marsaxlokk birzebuggia but there is not  a lot happens and the nearest supermarket is further away , it all depedns what your after

i love the quiet fishing villiage lifestyle but its not easy to get too and from late at night

Whew, private message, thanks Rob.... south is sounding interesting.... you've given us somewhere to aim for on the start of our search
There's no hurry to fix a destination.... hopefully we'll know when we land in the right place....It's our experience that it's the people rather than the place.....and in Malta we think we've decided we're already half way there....
Regards

Caz

I live in Birzebbuga and people that have come to the Village love it, but its not for all, you have the freeport here but a good thing is that the airport is 5 minute drive, and the nearest large Supermarket is about the same, there are small shops and a mini market thats open till 9pm everyday right on the beach... oh and we have a bar there :)

The people in Birzebbuga are very much old england type, by that i mean , doors are always open and they always have a chat with you no matter if they know you or not.. Relaxed chilled village.

J.

Sounding good....we'll find our way to the bar in a few days time and hang around for a while....
:whistle:

Caz

Good morning, we, ll be
Jumpingon a bus and heading down to birzebbuga for lunch today, hope pub is open andwe can say hi to locals

Caz and ross

Windmill bar a small bar away from the beach

aww hope you find some  people to meet you our intention today is to try and catch site of prince william he is due in vittriosa square about 1:40 pm

all the best

Sitting at al porto bistro 2pm will find windmill in next half hour