Charity work in the North?

Hello all, does anybody know of any organizations that look for charity workers, in the North area? ideally I would love to work on projects for animals, the environment, children... (just to be clear, I mean volunteer work, dedicating some of my free time to a good cause).

thank you

Hi.

I'd be interested in similar work on the island. Especially around the West of the island.

d

Hello dpapap, I was reading the PAWS website
http://www.pawsmauritius.org/index.php/ … -programme
they are based in The Vale but I know they might need people all around the island - but to carry out certain tasks I'd need a tetanus shot and proper clothing. Right now I don't have any of the 2, but as soon as I have I'll send my application.
If anybody knows of other projects, please let us know!

Hi Nocturna and Dpapap
I am a Paws volunteer living in the West, they are always looking for people to go and help play with the puppies and kittens or walk the dogs. There is a shelter in the north and south, have a look at their facebook page. In the west there isnt yet a shelter but very often activites to raise money. We are having a fundraising P for Paws party on October 4th.
Give either Shelter a call they would love you to go and help

Hello Emma, thank you for your reply & all the info.
I've also discovered Paws has a shop in Mon Choisy, I will surely go and attend the party, it's the bake sale you talk about? I read that on FB yesterday, too bad I still don't have all my baking supplies, food mixers etc.as I've just relocated here and my stuff is at sea  :sosad:  or I would have gladly made some delicious, decadent 100% cruelty-free Vegan cakes & cookies... bah, next time I hope!

Yes there is a bake sale this weekend, I'm sure there will be some lovely cakes. The shop is a charity shop but also sells Paws merchandise, I help making some of the bracelets and magnets that are for sale at the moment.
There will be another bake sale soon I'm sure and you will be able to bake some delicious goodies then

Ahhh, I saw those bracelets on FB! I want one, or two, so nice!
People at Paws do lots of great things :) bravo

Emma, i did get one of the Paws bracelets last saturday, and I wear it all the time - both to spread the message (people ask me about the meaning of it) and also because it's so cute :D