Declining an accepted offer

Hi folks,

I am in a complex situation and need your help. Here is the situation:

I applied online for job in 2 engineering companies in KSA. About 2 months ago, I got the job offer from the first company and I accepted it by signing the offer letter. I signed offer acceptance letter but not the actual contract. This company has already completed the visa process in KSA and I can apply for the visa at any time in US.

Now the second engineering company offered me a position which is better than the first one in terms of company business growth and company size, work environment, potential growth in the role offered, opportunity to travel abroad to work on joint ventures, salary and benefits. Is it possible somehow that I pull back from the process with the first company and accept offer of the other? All I need to know if there is any negative consequence of this move? Are there going to be any visa issues later if I decline the first company? Appreciate ideas specifically input from those gone through the same process. Thanks

Hi, i was in the same situation. Visa issued need to be cancelled in order for the embassy to issue another one for different company. There was no problem whatsoever. In my case.. Visa already pasted in my passport. This happened 10 yrs ago when mobile with camera still forbidden in Saudi Arabia. Probably different now. Any other embassy, I would suggest you to call them. You can try anyway😄

Hi,

there should be no such problems. Please ensure to decline the first offer at the earliest, citing a valid personal reason of not relocating and decline the offer politely and please be apologetic for wasting their time and efforts. This should cool down the matters in a cordial manner and the 1st company can actually expedite to cancel your work visa.

In the mean time, buy time from the second company (atleast a month), because (and as far as I know) you need to apply within 30 days of your visa invitation.

Once past the deadline, ensure that you get your visa documents from the 2nd company.

The rules in KSA change often, for the latest guidelines please talk to a visa agent.

Regards,
Raunak

Raunak86 wrote:

Hi,

there should be no such problems. Please ensure to decline the first offer at the earliest, citing a valid personal reason of not relocating and decline the offer politely and please be apologetic for wasting their time and efforts. This should cool down the matters in a cordial manner and the 1st company can actually expedite to cancel your work visa.

In the mean time, buy time from the second company (atleast a month), because (and as far as I know) you need to apply within 30 days of your visa invitation.

Once past the deadline, ensure that you get your visa documents from the 2nd company.

The rules in KSA change often, for the latest guidelines please talk to a visa agent.

Regards,
Raunak

:one

:D  I was honestly would advise him to "Tell them that you died, and you cannot join their company". (of course joking)...but, yey....TLL pinned it with an award for Runak86's very diplomatic approach. Go get the bigger bone.

Popolocroix wrote:

TLL pinned it with an award for Runak86's very diplomatic approach. Go get the bigger bone.

:) Not diplomatic. In fact, Runak86 nailed it. The OP couldn't have been suggested better.

Thanks Runak86, Masita, TLL and  Popolocroix for your input.

Yes, I am going to apologize as in fact I wasted their time. It is not just a matter of money but stability as moving to KSA means winding down almost everything here. This is my problem anyways not the company's who offered the first job.

What actually the visa approval/invitation means? As far as I understand, the employer gets approval from Ministry of Foreign Affairs and sends the invitation record to country's consulate by applicant name. I am worried if there will be any problem in getting the visa later since the concerned ministries/consulate already have a previous visa invitation/approval record. Does it matter? Also worried about any backlash from the previous company just in case they go hostile although not expected. Can they do something negative even if I do not use the visa invitation?

Anyone having experience of getting multiple visa invitations/approvals without a problem? 

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

I am not sure what is your view on the country, but you are definetly not entering a lawless country governed by land lords, where any one can harm you at their whims.
You have the right to reject any offer and no one can harm you for it. Just ensure that your previous invitation period expires before you submit a fresh one!
Relax and look forward to new beginnings in the country.

Regards,
Raunak