Proces working visa

Hello everyone,

My name is Cristian and I come from Holland.

About 6 months ago I traveled to Mauritius to search for a job and to build a life with my Mauritian girlfriend.

After about 1 month I found a job and I was very happy ! My employer applied for a working permit, not an occupation permit, so I had to go back to Holland to wait for my visa. They told me it would take about 6 weeks.

I am already waiting for 4 months now for my working permit. The problem is that the company first needed to apply for a recruitment license which is very time consuming.

Everything is taking so much and I am slowly losing hope.

Are there people that are familiar with this situation and how long this might take ?

I really appreciate all tips and help,

Cristian

Hello Cristian

Welcome to the Forum of Expat.com :)

As for the process of work visa it should take not more than 6 weeks. For the recruitment licence up to 3 months maybe more! Are you in contact with the local company?

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Kenjee !

Thank you for your reply !

Yes I have contact with the company. The company applied for the recruitment license about 4 months ago and a few weeks ago when the company contacted me they told me that the recruitment license is still in progress and they could not tell me when the process is finished.

Is it normal that it takes so much time ?

I have a professional education and the proper working experience for the job. But still the worry for me is there that they might decline the visa application. Does this happen often ?

CristianWey wrote:

I have a professional education and the proper working experience for the job. But still the worry for me is there that they might decline the visa application. Does this happen often ?

May be the hiring company has not been able to prove that they can't find a Mauritian to do the job yet and justify the hiring of a foreigner. This could be one of the reasons for the delay.

External wrote:
CristianWey wrote:

May be the hiring company has not been able to prove that they can't find a Mauritian to do the job yet and justify the hiring of a foreigner. This could be one of the reasons for the delay.

Yes I am afraid you are right. I can only wait patiently and hope that there will be some positive news.

I remember that the company first needed to post adds in the news paper to recruit Mauritians. But this process already finished about 4 months ago

Hi all !

For the people that are in the same situation. The company got the recruitment license now and are applying for my visa ! Be aware that obtaining a recruitment license can take some months.

Hi. I'm curious to know why your company had to take out a recruitment licence. The recruitment licence is for agencies who offer recruitment services to other companies, which are the ultimate employers.

I have been doing work permit procedures for some time now and never was any employer asked to produce a recruitment licence.

Can you please shed some light, if possible.  Of course limiting confidential information :-)