Compare Ghana vs Tanzania

Hi,
I am planning to shift from accra to dar esalam. Requires information about the country. How safe is it? Schooling for 4 year kid. Living cost differences between 2 cities. Is 1000$ for a month sufficient for entertainment and grocery aside from rent, education, car- fuel, driver, electric and water expense and medical.

Thanks

Safety wise, education wise. climate wise Ghana Better. Living cost is at par to Ghana. I find Tanzania is bit lesser in terms of living cost.

I dont currently live in Tanzania but I am from Dar-es-Salaam. I think the main question will be what type of accomodation you are looking for and what kind of life you are going to want to live once you live in Dar. From what you said most part of your salary/income will go to your rent. Your rent will be determined with the type of neighbourhood you want to move to. There are areas in Dar that are safe. I would advise you to get an apartment in the urban areas that is near to a hospital like aga Khan or tmj ( Around this area there are alot of indians and arab people you will be able to make friends here faster, just ask around ) . I am not sure about a driver but I guess there are agencies that offer driver services. Please do ask around or get a local friend you trust to show you around because prices tend to go higher once they see foreigners. You can get a decent to very good school for your child with most schools allowing instalments of school fees per semester. The weather gets pretty hot and an air conditioning system will be ideal for you. I never needed air cond and fans were fine for me growing up (I got used to the heat). But for you, I would recommend air conditioning. When you go out shopping in local shops( not the malls )just be extra careful with your bag( they do tend to grab and steal things ).