Need your advices

Hi everyone  :/
I'm Yen, coming from ha Noi, Viet Nam. I have just graduated from Ha Noi National Vietnam in major of japanese.
i'm finding job using fluent japanese and nomal english in Singapore.
I received a job advertisement from employment agency in Viet Nam that Daiso Industries Co Ltd Singapore Branch is recruiting a Japanese assistant for Japanese manager. I'm really interested this because it seems to be very exciting.
But the problem is that the employment agency ask me to pay 5800$ fee, including service fee, letter of guarantee fee, Visa application fee, support for picking up in Singapore..)
Job' contract time is about 2 year with S$2200/monthly.
Now, I wonder about the 5800$ fee. They told me this money is to pay to them and the other employment agency in Singapore.
Do you think that it's an appropriate fee and should I apply for this?           
the fee is relatively big to a student like me.               
Thanks and best regards.  :|                
Yen nguyen

Dead easy - it's a scam.

Forget it and don't pay them anything.

You must pay them to work with/for them????

Don't think so, like MasFred already said, its a trick, don't fall into it and report this if possible by the authorities.

yes, thanks your advices.
sometimes i think so. that it's a trick.
But I want to investigate more about.
Do you know how to confirm that this job is really available or not?

Yen101091 wrote:

yes, thanks your advices.
sometimes i think so. that it's a trick.
But I want to investigate more about.
Do you know how to confirm that this job is really available or not?

There is no way to confirm it as there is no job to confirm. It is a scam.

Just forget the agent.

The company name is mentioned, so just contact them directly.
If there's a job, you'll find out fast enough but ALL employment companies that ask for payments from the potential employees are scams.

One tried it on with my wife's cousin a couple of years ago.
We'd gone into Jakarta to find a place that had advertised a job. He found it so I wandered off for a photo shoot but, an hour later, I got an excited call saying he'd got the job, but must pay 1.5 million in fees.
When I arrived, the boss asked me to cough up the cash - he probably picked up some very interesting and creative ways to use various old Anglo Saxon English phrases, mostly concerned with body parts and activities involving sex and travel.

I'm unsure he understood the all the words, but he got the idea, as did the rest of the office and everyone waiting in line for their employment offers - I have a very loud voice.
I have little time for rip off merchants, thieves and/or anyone that treats me as an easy mark..

Hi Yen,
don't even think about it , it's a scam . There are many companies trap people and make millions and surprisingly these companied are not being punished.

run  ! don't do it ! sounds fishey to me. you should be able to find job without paying . they want you to pay them to work for them ? no no now unless it is a real employment agency they usually charge a small fee. but you don't pay your prospective employer

In Singapore, it is illegal for recruitment agents to charge the job seeker anything. All (incl. visa fees) must be paid by the employing company.
I recommend you contact Daiso Singapore directly (circumventing the agent) to ask if this job even exists.
The offered salary is also the minimum to qualify for an S-Pass (work visa) and NOT in line with what a language-versed assistant for a foreign manager should earn.

Dear Yen,
if it was me i wouldn't do it, this is three months salary, wha happen if you start working and after a few weks you don't like is what ever te reason,i spend 11 years working in bkk and i find out the most fraud contury in southeast asia is singopre...i can see you have talent just keep search you will find the right job without paying that sume of money..there are many websites you can search for work. try jobseekers.com, dubazzl.com etc. good luck.

amir- abu dhadi(UAE

Ask them that you will pay in one condition every month 250 usd from your salary but no advance payment.............
If they accept you join otherwise search another job.............
all the best

Regards,
Anil

Yes, i deeply thanks for your advices.
these are very helpful to me. i will contact to Daiso Singapore directly .
i hope that i will find out a good job in Singapore in near future.
thank you :)

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR