Workout partners

Hello there!

don't know how to start this but it's really nice to be a member of this blog i have been a silent reader since couple of months here and now i finally decided to join you guys,

let's cut to the chase,

i'm looking for workout partners who would like to go for jogging in certain places in Jeddah and Bodybuilding in a gym that we can discuss about if more folks are interested we can make this like workout group or something lol

please suggest a nice good gym that is at least opened 18 hours a day, and you can suggest a nice place that we could gather for running and set the time table too, we could be workout partners and friends as well

a little about me: i'm somehow athletic but i smoke a pack a day and it's been couple of weeks i haven't workout and i need to get back into shape, i'm married my wife is from Colorado and she used to be in bodybuilding competitions so i've got the nutrition table and workout routine wrapped up lol.

if you are interested to join you can pm me at 0553438873 whats app

Welcome to EB,

The dominant gym here is Fitness Time with 85 locations kingdom wide and 2 Fitness First and 2 Gold Gym branches, most EBrs are members at Fitness Time including myself. The good thing about them is they are located all across Jeddah with 2 new branches opening soon as well.

I'm sure some people will join you to be your workout partner but where I see it as a problem is time conflict but it's possible.

And yea...talk to us when you reached 2 packs a day... :P

7amudi i have checked fitness gym in Jeddah they recently opened like couple years ago and made a whole boom around the country they're basically trying to act like they're some kind of western gym styles while they actually suck for many reasons,
1-They close during prayers (i know most gyms do too) but its not good when u have to stop ur workout for a prayer.
2-Their prices are rip off, i mean i just went to fitness gym the red branch in gurnata street and they're asking SR4600 a year which is ridiculous.
3- They are not open 24 hours.

what i'm looking for is a gym opened 24 hour and moderate when it comes price and if i'm ok if it's less than 24 hours.

i used to workout in a gym called Golden body in falestin street inside the middle east mall near the Marriot hotel it was opened 24/6 the fees were SR300/month  SR700/3 months and so on, but unfortunately the city baladiya had the close the mall and fine them for some construction bridge that was abandoned and might be hazardous for the cars driving by sabeen street to falestin so therefore the whole mall is closed and no1 can access to the gym and now i'm looking for a gym.

I don't high excpectations of the members here going for a jogg or working out lol i think most are too lazy to get in shape or do sports, and oh yeah i just got a message from some random dude offering Massage dafuq? lol

Yea'mon Fitness Time has a serious problem of closing down during prayers and that you won't find at Fitness First. Although some Fitness Time branches are open from 6am-12am still not enough.

Yea I remember Middle East Shopping center, but that was eons ago, like maybe 5+.

Good luck mon.

In my GYM days (long back) having the right crowed was the number  one factor to determine if I would like the place or not, but that's only me  :D

Some of the best gyms in Jeddah on that matter are;

Zclub -Tahlia Street
KAI-Sairafi Mall
Power in- Al Shataa Souq
Ultimate Power-Rawdah Street
Techno Sport- Hira str. With Madinah Road

Other really good but smaller ones are one in Khalidia philipino souq (I think its called paltinume) and stallion infront of Sands Hotel- Tahlia

ahmadaq wrote:

In my GYM days (long back) having the right crowed was the number  one factor to determine if I would like the place or not, but that's only me  :D

Some of the best gyms in Jeddah on that matter are;

Zclub -Tahlia Street
KAI-Sairafi Mall
Power in- Al Shataa Souq
Ultimate Power-Rawdah Street
Techno Sport- Hira str. With Madinah Road

Other really good but smaller ones are one in Khalidia philipino souq (I think its called paltinume) and stallion infront of Sands Hotel- Tahlia

True say, now Fitness Time has started to accepted 16 year olds...

Hahaha…This reminded me with a 16-17 years old guy that use to go to the same GYM I joined last. Me and my workout partner use to call him I-Talk (as in I-Phone) he use to talk with his friend none stop about his adventures with girls in Lebanon……. when I say none stop its Literally!!!  :sleep

ahmadaq wrote:

Hahaha…This reminded me with a 16-17 years old guy that use to go to the same GYM I joined last. Me and my workout partner use to call him I-Talk (as in I-Phone) he use to talk with his friend none stop about his adventures with girls in Lebanon……. when I say none stop its Literally!!!  :sleep

I can relate to that...it can be added "memoirs of fitness time"  :D

Armani Tshirt, jean shorts, hair gelled out...:D

God forbid, God forbid,  one can't be seen sweating at the gym.Looking "absolutely fabulous" at all times is a must  :D

Mtayob wrote:

Hi there.
I go to Gold's gym in Al zahra district,the only reason i chose going there is cause its open 24 hrs and I workout at random times.You can workout during prayer times although you're not allowed to enter.I wouldn't classify it as high quality as fitness time but it gets the job done.Also,don't expect the trainers there to help you the majority of them don't take their job seriously.
For jogging I'd recommend  a road that's parallel to corniche behind Jeddah Hilton.

This sounds really great but how much do you pay for it? and how much is per month?

Mtayob wrote:

Well its a yearly membership fee, I registered when there was a promotion a while back so I pay around 2000 to 3000(not sure exactly how much), and every time I renew it, I pay the same amount, so I'd recommend you to go there and check to see if there are any new promotions cause they have them all the time.

I went tonight to check gold's gym at zahra district it's good that they're open 24 hours which im also looking for and their prices are kind of reasonable but it's too far from me as i live in central jeddah so i checked Ultimate power gym in rawda street they open 20 hours during the business days but they charge ridiculous fees like SR3500/ year and SR1000/ month lol and the gym sucks.
the last gym i checked was World's gym (KAI) at serafi mega mall near tahlia street with 60's street good location and in second floor on the edge of the mall with roof parking and the whole gym has a window view on the street which is really nice plus the swimming pool and jacuzzi they're asking SR2500 per year which is quite good but they only open from 10AM to 1 AM i decided that i will join World gym i also found an old gym buddy there huge 6"4 100kg+ guy i would have no issues in lifting weights lol

Thank you man for this feedback…one thing I hate about this blog is that usually the person who initiates the thread does not bother him/herself to share their experience or feedback which will help others reading the thread in the future. I find it kind of rued  :whistle:

Thumbs up  :up:

Good luck with your workout, KIA is a good option

Your welcome ahmadaq

so tonight i signed up at World Gym in serafi mega mall the prices were SR2750 per year, SR1500 for 5 months <-- i took this one, SR420 per month, the gym is one of the best i have ever seen in Saudi the walkway, toilets, locker room, swiming pool, jacuzzi all are 5 stars like the ones you see in a 5 star hotel the atomsphere is amazing the walls are made of windows where you can have a nice view looking at the streets and IKEA sunlight too, music playing through all the gym, they don't turn off the lights and AC on you when it prays or stop u from working out, the cons..you can't plug your own USB for music, and opened only from 10am to 1am.

Beast mode engage  :D

What a sad life one leads that one can't stop the life one was given by the Creator in the first place to worship Him alone.

rareshine wrote:

What a sad life one leads that one can't stop the life one was given by the Creator in the first place to worship Him alone.

What are you talking about?

We all need a workout partner to exercise. Workout partner helps us to workout and weightlifting. They inspire us when we are giving up. Couples workout goals need to be followed.

Yes … right 100%