Two things about malls in Kuwait

Good day All

Is there anyone working with mall management on this forum?  Two quick questions I would like answered. I did try writing via available websites but no response (no surprise there).

Why next to the no smoking signs (when posted) are there trays for cigarette butts? Marina Mall and others I have noticed this. Smoking in enclosed areas is a problem especially with kids around. At least good extractor fans to remove the smoke to reduce the nuisance for non-smokers. Nevertheless, the concept of having a no smoking sign and the facilities for cigarette butts next to each other is ridiculous (to me).

Why are there so few urinals for men in the male toilets? Several mall have none (Avenues, Gate Mall included). Some of us stand to urinate. In addition, it is quicker to get in and out. It would be nice to accommodate the mix of cultures. And potenially more hygenic. 

In the UAE, Oman and Qatar the malls are generally non-smoking and do contain stall and urinals in the male toilets. Its just one of those annoying things when visiting a mall for me.

Mario

i have seen people (locals) smoking in the airport outside of the smoke rooms.

there are laws against smoking but apparently no enforcement of said laws. even inside elevators - effectively turning them into putrid gas chambers.

as for the urinals, must be a culture thing; ive never taken count of them but they are always there, im not sure if malls need to have a certain urinal/ toilet ratio.

most people (locals) prefer the squatoilets, and would not use the ones in malls anyway.

In one instance in Kuwait Airport I saw a policeman collecting civil ID's of smokers in the dining area and asked all of them to put out there cigarettes and follow him (probably to be fined or something). I was so happy and looked those people in the eye with a big grin on my face :D

What I find even more fascinating is how difficult they made it to get to the parking lot and out of it - in almost every single location.

But yes, I noticed that things are changing. I saw traffic police leaving fines on improperly parked vehicles on the spots for disabled people, and they regularly fine drivers who leave cars in one of the traffic lanes in front of Lu&Lu in Abu Fatira, much to the surprise of the "poor" owners.