Is it a fake job?

I am Dr.Mohammed Ibrahim. From india.i got an job offer from American International Hospital,Isthambul,Turkey.
I want to know whether this is a fake job offer.website doesnt have contact email id.can any body suggest me from Turkey.
thanq.

sohailsaniya wrote:

I am Dr.Mohammed Ibrahim. From india.i got an job offer from American International Hospital,Isthambul,Turkey.
I want to know whether this is a fake job offer.website doesnt have contact email id.can any body suggest me from Turkey.
thanq.

Perhaps contact the hospital HR dept for information. Sounds suspicious to me. Have they asked you to pay money for visa yet?? If so then it is definitely a scam.

If you can send the details of the job and an address of the hospital, I would be willing to check it out provided it is convenient for me to visit the place.
Good luck!!

sohailsaniya wrote:

thanq.

Hi sohailsaniya,

In order to give much more importance to your question, i have created a new thread with it on the Turkey forum.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks for the overwhelming response.i never thought people nowadays so good feeling for others.
I like to give the hospital adress and hr email id to they told me send filled application form and my cv.
AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL
AMERICAN HASTANESI,Guzelbahce,SoK,No.20,34365 Nisantasi,Istanbul,Turkey.
email id of HR:[email protected]

The e-mail address alone is the first clue that this is a job scam. NOBODY and especially no legitimate business or institution uses a free e-mail service like outlook, gmail, hotmail, yahoo. They all have their own domain names.

So if ABCCorporation  has the domain www.abccorporation.com then e-mails sent from anybody there is going to be sent through that domain something like [email protected] and their site will also have a contact something like [email protected]   or  [email protected]

Your job offer is obviously a fake.,

Here is the official site for the hospital.... you will note that there is a direct link to their Human Resources Department right at the upper right-hand corner of the page.

http://www.americanhospitalistanbul.org/Default.aspx

Contact them directly, I'm sure they'll confirm that you're being the victim of a scam.

Thank you sir.

number one  hospital in turkey..belongs to KOC GROUP..They are  one of the biggest family in turkey

Is Mr.Oscar Romero Jimenez,the Human Resource Director of American International Hospital,Turkey.

Ibrahim Sb,
I just called the hospital at +90 212 311-2000. They do not have any HR director by that name, neither does this name return credible professional results on internet search. 

The e mail address that you gave is also not legit.

I further learnt that the hospital has not done, and is not doing any hiring currently, so I didn't deem it suitable to ask for their e mail address.

You can however contact them on the webpage that is mentioned by @wjwoodward in the previous comments.

Hopefully, this is helpful for you. Good luck with your job search.

Regards,
Zeeshan

sohailsaniya wrote:

Is Mr.Oscar Romero Jimenez,the Human Resource Director of American International Hospital,Turkey.

Thanks Zeeshan sir.
I thank alot to expat bloc also.
at least once I like to visit TURKEY.
thanks to all who clarified my doubt regarding fake job offer.

No problem Ibrahim Sb,

I am glad I was of some help.
A tourist visa for Turkey is usually convenient if you desire to see the place. You may want to check your country's regulations on that.

Good luck.

sohailsaniya wrote:

Thanks Zeeshan sir.
I thank alot to expat bloc also.
at least once I like to visit TURKEY.
thanks to all who clarified my doubt regarding fake job offer.

Thank you.

cheef wrote:

number one  hospital in turkey..belongs to KOC GROUP..They are  one of the biggest family in turkey

And that's exactly why their name is being used in a fake job scam, for the sole purpose of lending credibility to the scam.

Just because it's a good hospital and the biggest doesn't mean that it's not subject to being used for the purpose of scams. Some of the largest multi-national companies in the world have their name used to scam people. Most often the victims come from developing nations and they're so eager to get a job or find a better job that they throw all caution to the wind, they fail to do simple things to check it out to see if it's a scam or not. Even a simple Google search using the company name + job scam will tell a lot.

You should assume a job offer is a scam when:

1.  It comes to you by e-mail unsolicited and a job you didn't personally apply for or submit a CV/Resume.

2.  The sender's e-mail address is from a free e-mail provider like Outlook, Hotmail. Yahoo, Gmail, etc., instead of coming from the real company's website domain name. No legitimate company uses free e-mail providers.

3.  If the offer contains a "so-called" website for the company, but the site comes from a country other than that where the real company is located (usually you can tell immediately from the URL).

4.  The supposed job offer requires YOU to pay any up front fees. Recruiters get their pay from the company that is looking to hire employees, not from the candidates. This should be a very big clue in itself.

Things you should do to check out a job offer:

1. Google the name of the company and find their official website. If it has either a direct link to their Human Resources Department or a "Contact Us" link then contact them with the details of the offer. They'll tell you right away if it's a fake or not. If it's not, they won't be annoyed they understand that reasonable people will check them out. If it is a scam then they will thank you for bringing their attention to it and they'll take the appropriate action to try and stop it.

2.  Don't provide any personal information such as passport numbers, social insurance (or equivalent) numbers, telephone number, until you have thoroughly check out the offer and are certain it isn't a scam. This information can be used to steal not only your identity, but also your money.

3.  Don't simply pay any advance fees. You're probably being scammed when anybody asks for money up front, especially large sums. If they say that the fees are for processing the visa tell them that you'll apply for the visa yourself through the immigration authority in that country and get back to them once you've obtained the visa. They will certainly disappear like magic if it is a scam.

4.  If they give you a website for the company don't assume that it really is the website for that company, many are clones that look almost like the identical twin of the company's official website including logos, links, etc. Look for any small mistakes especially in spelling or grammar on the website. Most fake websites are created by non-native English speakers so there are bound to be some mistakes on the fake sites. Real websites are checked and double checked and you will rarely find even the smallest error on a real site. Again Google the company name the fake sites probably won't show up in the search results, but the real ones will.

Use your head, use your computer, use your eyes and stay safe from scams. Just remember if an offer looks too good to be true, that's because IT REALLY IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Great tips!

Plus i would like to add the very basic tip of safe browsing on internet.. To NEVER click on a link in an e mail from an unknown sender. Considering the advancement, I usually prefer not to click directly on links sent even by known senders.

Thanx for compiling the set of advice! 

wjwoodward wrote:
cheef wrote:

And that's exactly why their name is being used in a fake job scam, for the sole purpose of lending credibility to the scam.

Just because it's a good hospital and the biggest doesn't mean that it's not subject to being used for the purpose of scams. Some of the largest multi-national companies in the world have their name used to scam people. Most often the victims come from developing nations and they're so eager to get a job or find a better job that they throw all caution to the wind, they fail to do simple things to check it out to see if it's a scam or not. Even a simple Google search using the company name + job scam will tell a lot.

You should assume a job offer is a scam when:

1.  It comes to you by e-mail unsolicited and a job you didn't personally apply for or submit a CV/Resume.

2.  The sender's e-mail address is from a free e-mail provider like Outlook, Hotmail. Yahoo, Gmail, etc., instead of coming from the real company's website domain name. No legitimate company uses free e-mail providers.

3.  If the offer contains a "so-called" website for the company, but the site comes from a country other than that where the real company is located (usually you can tell immediately from the URL).

4.  The supposed job offer requires YOU to pay any up front fees. Recruiters get their pay from the company that is looking to hire employees, not from the candidates. This should be a very big clue in itself.

Things you should do to check out a job offer:

1. Google the name of the company and find their official website. If it has either a direct link to their Human Resources Department or a "Contact Us" link then contact them with the details of the offer. They'll tell you right away if it's a fake or not. If it's not, they won't be annoyed they understand that reasonable people will check them out. If it is a scam then they will thank you for bringing their attention to it and they'll take the appropriate action to try and stop it.

2.  Don't provide any personal information such as passport numbers, social insurance (or equivalent) numbers, telephone number, until you have thoroughly check out the offer and are certain it isn't a scam. This information can be used to steal not only your identity, but also your money.

3.  Don't simply pay any advance fees. You're probably being scammed when anybody asks for money up front, especially large sums. If they say that the fees are for processing the visa tell them that you'll apply for the visa yourself through the immigration authority in that country and get back to them once you've obtained the visa. They will certainly disappear like magic if it is a scam.

4.  If they give you a website for the company don't assume that it really is the website for that company, many are clones that look almost like the identical twin of the company's official website including logos, links, etc. Look for any small mistakes especially in spelling or grammar on the website. Most fake websites are created by non-native English speakers so there are bound to be some mistakes on the fake sites. Real websites are checked and double checked and you will rarely find even the smallest error on a real site. Again Google the company name the fake sites probably won't show up in the search results, but the real ones will.

Use your head, use your computer, use your eyes and stay safe from scams. Just remember if an offer looks too good to be true, that's because IT REALLY IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

Hi Mr.wjwoodword
Truely said.
I will note all the things told by u and I will inform my friends and colleagues too.
thanks for the great help.
      Regards
  Dr.Mohammed Ibrahim

I have received a job offer from [email protected]
amerikanhastanesi.org/

These 2 links seems to be from the original hospital.

But I am not sure whether it is real offer or not.

Kindly give your inputs.

As far as the suggestions ideas given by William James Woodward, I have checked each and every aspect carefully.

For example:

1.The mail is not from yahoo, gmail or any other source, but it is from the hospital site.
2.The email is directly linked to the hospital URL.
3.I am suspecting when they wanted me to pay the visa fees by myself.

Rest other seems to be good.

Now the ideas are not open for discussion.

Regards,
Sivaram Nallamolu

How did u get this job offer.by email or by personal interview or they talk to u in phone.
no company asks money for visa.this must be a fake offer.contact hospital hr.find their contact details from theit wrbsite.even scammers prepare a fake hospital website also resembling exactly to original one.
so be careful. Never send money.tell them I will pay after joining work.

Hi Sivaram,

From what you have told, and if everything checks, it seems legit that they would ask you to pay "visa" fee or perhaps even travelling for yourself.

Your best bet would be to simply call +90 212 311-2000 or any contact number provided ON THE HOSPITAL WEBSITE and simply confirm with your details. If they say yes, then you are good to go!

Hope this helps.
Good luck with the job.
Enjoy!!

Zeeshan

Hi Xeeschan,
Thank you for your reply.
Have a nice day.

Regards,
Sivaram Nallamolu

I have got the same email and i have the same concerns as yours, they are asking for moeny for visa and work permit purposes.

Its fake job offer.mr.zeeshan from turkey he enquired and told that there are no such requirements for American International hospital Isthambul Turkey.
u can ignore this job offer or tell them will pay after  joining the job.

If you get these kind of messages, where company ask for money for doing visa and work permit, then definitely its a FAKE.This is called a scam, and sadly there is a lot of these things going over the internet lately!

If you happen to fall on such proposals here on Expat.com, please report them immediately!

Thank you
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Yes definitely the job is fake..
The email id provided has a difference if 'e' in it instead of 'a' I had the same offer and felt it is a scam..no hiring company asks money in advance

I got a similar email from American International Hospital on a job offer of an Admin Manager. The Director HR is Oscar Romero Jimenez.

Thank you for clarifying that its a fake job offer

I think the hospital management should be informed about these fake offers that are being made in the name of the hospital

Hello sir
i m rohit from India n currently living in Istanbul
i write you msg regarding your job doubts in hospital in istanbul
Sir this is big fake racket now days here so please dont fall for it n further you can contact health ministry her or embassy or turkey in India and also sir if you want i can check here by going

regards
rohit

Thanks rohit sir.
I already checked this is a fake job offer.
thanks for u r concern.what job u r doining there .nice to talk to you sir.
                        Dr.ibrahim.india

Dear sir

i m working with the shipping agency which also deals in the import-export of the mechanical machinery.
On my side i m working hard to improve the relationship of INDIA-TURKEY!!!

Regards
rohit

U r doining Great job Rohit.
is there any scope for doctors there. How to get a position for doctors.how to  get placement in Turkey .thanks.

Dear sir

I have my some friends working as doctors i will ask them and then reply you more accurately.
But as much i know Turkish government is doing lot of work in there hospitals good facilities and friendly staff. So most of the small private hospitals are not getting good businesses but on the other hand big hospitals are becoming better becoz they get tied up with government.

Regards
Rohit

Thank you Rohit sir.

I am ِAhmed . From Egypt IN ksa .i got an job offer from Istanbul Intl Hadimkoy Hospital..
I want to know whether this is a fake job.can you helpme and suggest me from Turkey.
than ypu.

ahmed mosaad79 wrote:

I am ِAhmed . From Egypt IN ksa .i got an job offer from Istanbul Intl Hadimkoy Hospital..
I want to know whether this is a fake job.can you helpme and suggest me from Turkey.
than ypu.

If they ask for money - Fake
If you didn't apply - Fake

Post the details and I'll be happy to take a closer look

it is scam

Hadimkoy International Hospital
4-9 Ayazaga Mahallesi
Cas.No:186-Bahariya,IST
TELEPHONE:905538912612
WWW.HADIMKOYINTLHOSP.COM

OFFER SINGE BY DR. MOHAMMAD KHALIL(( HR MANAGER ))
AND THY ASK ME TO CONTACT THIS NO#00905374968659

THANK YOU

SCAM

Evidenced based post with the intention of assisting a member

00905374968659 - This is a mobile number, that not meaning it's a scam as many legitimate businesses use them, but that always means further checking is in order

That same number is used by a known scam site, Cihangir Energy Co-Istanbul.

That's easily enough to denounce this job offer as a scam, but with evidence to back up why I say so.

Additional

The site listed is insecure, attempts to reach it showing up malware warnings.
The site is newly registered (July this year) in Australia (Assuming they aren't liars - bis assumption)
The number used to register the site appears on a lot of scammer  fake job sites
The fake site uses a stolen logo and stolen details

This is very clearly a scam and they will ask for money.

Don't send any

THANK YOU
TODAY THY ASK ME TO PAY AROUND 3000 USD TO START

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP

Hello sir! I received as well an email from hadimkoy international hospital in turkey, I am confused now wether the offer is legit or scam.

scam