Any American families considering a move to the DR?

hey there. I'm doing some research on moving to the DR... looking to see if anyone is close to pulling the trigger. I'm just at the begining of my research. Would appreciate some first hand stories! Thanks!

T

First question...Have you been here before and where it is a very large country

We moved here full time over  8 years ago and have not looked back for a second.  Saying that it is not for everyone.  If you get down to seriously considering living here you should come for a few months and not as tourist.  Living here is vastly different than coming on vacation.

Keep the questions coming

Oh such bad manners...Welcome to the forum.  Lots of good folks and good information here

Bob K

Did you move down with the whole fam? I have been and going to visit again in the fall. I def need to spend time down there during different times of the year and experience it.

No family just my wife and I relocated from Colorado.

Bob K

Welcome to the forums. May i suggest going thru and reading some threads.  There is an lot of info here, skim through to find some of your answers, lots of storie and the "a day in the life" thread is full of day to day info, challenges and experiences. 

Always feel free to ask us specific questions, we do our best to help!!!

And my question: why here???