Move to Sri Lanka Contemplated

Thinking of moving 3 of us to Sri Lanka; essentially for son's 6 years of secondary eduction in English. Would appreciate hints and pointers and things to be avoided from experienced expats or similar. This site (expat bog) also includes a lot of advertising for "services." Are they really a good starting point? I would doubt it, but need enlightenment.
I guess we would like to rent in safe area, near int. school, not necessarily in largest population areas. Coming from Tokyo breathing space would be great. Work not required though I am not used to the idea of not doing something useful...

I'll leave it at that and see what sort of constructive replies I might receive. I'd certainly appreciate any. Web sites often constitute a labyrinth infested with sharks of one sort of another, though under a veneer of helpfulness. The older one gets the more one finds ones own minuses in others!

Well, let's see.

Many thanks,
Nick

If you are looking for a very good International School, outside of crowded Colombo City, I would suggest the N.I.C.E. School in Negombo (Kadirana), which is a beach resort area close to the Airport.

This is a very good school, with small classes, run by the parents themselves (mostly expats), with very high standards.

Negombo is a wonderful place to live, very green and un-crowded, but with plenty of shopping and things to do and see.

Good Luck!

hello.well.come.srilanka

You could check Lanka Property web,or  Ikman.lk  to find a decent property without going through the agents,
check with the owner direct, sign a proper lease agreement with the land lord through a lawyer