Just Hi to member

Dear all, Hi,
I am Masood living in Karachi, Pakistan right now and want to move to Muscat, Oman. I found this blog very helpful so if any one can tell me about job market and single room accommodation. Your valuable suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Masood Ahmed Abbasi

Please specify which field you want to know so members could give you a reply easily.

What I can tell you is that omanisation is very aggressive and there are positions specifically aasigned to Omanis only.  So no visa is issued for those particular positions.

Single accommodation. ...is it 1 bedroom apartment or 1 single room sharing the flat?
Rates depends on the location. Check dubizzle.com and I think there is an accommodation section here.

I have done my masters in Statistics and having 6 IT related diplomas (Hardware, software, networking, oracle, office automation & internet, web designing etc)

having 14 years of experience in teaching and administrator / trouble shooter (for both Statistics & IT) so if some one can guide me how to get job there from here or what do u say for this if I resign from here and come there on visit visa for job hunt. Is it right decision or I should not do that if some one can reply me according to job market there for these field teaching IT or Statistics or computer related jobs

Regards

masoodiu wrote:

I have done my masters in Statistics and having 6 IT related diplomas (Hardware, software, networking, oracle, office automation & internet, web designing etc)

having 14 years of experience in teaching and administrator / trouble shooter (for both Statistics & IT) so if some one can guide me how to get job there from here or what do u say for this if I resign from here and come there on visit visa for job hunt. Is it right decision or I should not do that if some one can reply me according to job market there for these field teaching IT or Statistics or computer related jobs

Regards

Don't resign until uou get something here. ..if you can have a short vacation from your current job would be the best and come to Oman for a visit. As an IT I believe you can get a good job here as not much locals are into that field yet I think...

Also it's better to choose your employer carefully, if you happen to be in a bad employer then you resign you will be banned for 2 years to come back to oman for employment. Don't act on haste, take one step at a time....make your move carefully....and surely.

Somehow we can also give u background of some companies that we know if uou get something from them.

Dear hexebella,

Its really so nice of u that u not just only replied but also provide me some useful info too. I will be thankful to u if u provide me some names of companies which u know as I can apply on their web sites or emails.

Thanks Regards

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that i have removed some off topic posts from this discussion.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: