Finding the perfect spot to settle into

Hey everyone - so, myself & my partner have (almost definitely..) decided to take a big leap of faith and just head to Thailand in about 6-7 weeks.

Initially for around 3 months - see how it goes.

I expect us to travel around a little to find the right place that suits our styles and personalities, but some guidance in the right direction would be fantastic!

Some things we would love:

Easy access to the beach, not somewhere inland.
Possibly not too far from Bangkok or an alternative large city.
Cheap enough rental, and the ability for either short term house rental or long term hotel rental for the beginning.
Laid back local atmosphere - not after Phuket or Pattaya or anywhere flooded with overwhelming tourism

Any suggestions? Or are we being too picky?

Thanks so much for your help!

check out Songkhla. small city in Thailand. Hadyai is the 3rd largest city in Thailand 33km to Muang Songkhla. U will be able to access all things you need... But in Muang Songkhla, there a much smaller, quiet, beaches, lake (the largest lake in Thailand is Songkhla leg). part of Songkhla town is old and it s called Old town. anyway, [Moderated: No free ad]

annamcphee wrote:

Hey everyone - so, myself & my partner have (almost definitely..) decided to take a big leap of faith and just head to Thailand in about 6-7 weeks.

Initially for around 3 months - see how it goes.

I expect us to travel around a little to find the right place that suits our styles and personalities, but some guidance in the right direction would be fantastic!

Some things we would love:

Easy access to the beach, not somewhere inland.
Possibly not too far from Bangkok or an alternative large city.
Cheap enough rental, and the ability for either short term house rental or long term hotel rental for the beginning.
Laid back local atmosphere - not after Phuket or Pattaya or anywhere flooded with overwhelming tourism

Any suggestions? Or are we being too picky?

Thanks so much for your help!

Prachuap Khiri Khan(city or area). Great place I lived there 3 years. It ticks all your boxes. Avoid Hua Hin(same province).