Offered a Bartender Job

Hi everybody,
My name is Kristo (23) and i'm thinking about a job offer I received from Rotana Hotel in Salalah.
I want to make this new experience but I don't know if it's worth it, because the salary is miserable...160 OMR but I have this package:
- Free Accommodation
- Free Meals
- Free Transport
- Medical Insurance
- 2 days off a week
- 30 Days Holiday a Year ( I think paid, but not sure)
- Every 2 years Flight back home

The guy from Human Resources told me that the salary is low but i have to consider tips and the service charge. Wasn't able to tell me about how much this consist at the end of the month. What do you think?

I come from a really good Job in Italy for 2000$ a month, but i want to change and try something new. At the moment I'm in Vietnam working for 600$ a month and life is good but cannot safe anything.
I'm not looking for a great salary,  I don't mind to safe much money; I just want to grew up professionally in a big company.

What do you think about my situation?
Do you have any idea on how much the tips will be?
Will be boring living in Salalah?

Thank you,
Kristo

I would ask questions about the accommodation as it may well be shared rooms.

Hi Kristo,

US$2000/- converts to about R.O. 770/-. And like you have rightly said the salary offered is disappointing. Even if you get tips, how much more can you hope to make - about R.O. 50/- per month ?

But as you have mentioned, If money is not a criteria for you and if you want to get more overseas experience and work exposure then you should consider this job seriously. In that case you should try looking at some similar job opportunities in Muscat where there are more resorts and larger properties.

Good luck.

Sumitran wrote:

Hi Kristo,

US$2000/- converts to about R.O. 770/-. And like you have rightly said the salary offered is disappointing. Even if you get tips, how much more can you hope to make - about R.O. 50/- per month ?

But as you have mentioned, If money is not a criteria for you and if you want to get more overseas experience and work exposure then you should consider this job seriously. In that case you should try looking at some similar job opportunities in Muscat where there are more resorts and larger properties.

Good luck.

Hi to all,

I thought there is a new law in Oman that raises the minimum wage to 325 OMR? Or is it applicable to Omani only?

Regards,