Procedure for permanently leaving Kuwait

I am trying to find out the required steps for turning in my residence permit and leaving for good.  Most importantly, will I have to show proof that I don't have any debt like an unfinished phone contract.  Does anyone know of any resources?

very simple board a flight & do not return.....i mean when you are sure of no loan or any other liability, over 6 months of stay out kuwait eventually cancels your residence.

There were so many procedures I did when i was leaving Kuwait. No matter which telecommunication operator that you are currently using, you have to go to Zain at the Airport to print a settlement to proof you already cleared your phone bill. I also went to police station (a selected ones but I forgot the place, it's quite rural) to print a paper that proof i didn't commit any crime in Kuwait. To do these two things you need letters from your company otherwise they will not entertain you.

clearance has to be obtained from MOC (ministry of communication) as well as DMV (dept. of Motor Vehicles) to show u have no outstanding fines.

there is a procedure to be followed to cancel your residency; they (your company's mandoub) take u to that govt. building behind dar. al awadi in Kuwait City (close to where they impound cars).