Hello

Hi all,

I'm an Italian arrived in the USA four years ago to work as Biologist. I have been in Arizona for three years and now in New Orleans since one.
I should probably not be in this website because I will leave the States shortly to go back in Europe. I'm one of the few cases, I suppose, that is quitting the job here to move back in Europe. I know for many is stupid and I should stay, but honestly I have been here and I could go on, I just realized is not the place where I want to be.

Welcome,  Don't feel bad. Being an expat is not for everyone.  The wise ones realize that it is not working and change.

Bob K

Oh, no probably you misunderstood me. I have no problem being an expat, I left my family when I was 19 and never gone back, lived in France, Africa and Central America. So I will continue to be an expat, sure not going to work in Italy but probably in Germany or France. I think simply I don't want live here, and I prefer a different environment, this Country is great but not fitting with me.
What I meant is that this is site for expat in USA and I will just be not one soon.

Ok that makes sense.  So let me change my thought that not all "countries" fit everyone.  Good luck on your travels.

Bob K

Hello microvi

Just for info, this site is not just for Expats in USA, it is a site for Expats all over the World.

Click >> Here <<, scroll down, and browse through any country, just clik on the flag of the country and check out the forum there to gather infos to prepare another expatriation :)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi, well maybe you don't like living in New Orleans. It's sort of a dirty place, don't you agree? Some Americans feel they need to 'take a shower' after being there. Have you traveled to the nicer cities, like Chicago? Minneapolis? The US has some really beautiful places, with nice people, nice communities. New York is more of a rat race, although cool at times; Miami is like Latin America; and LA...well, that's just LA. Arizona is not the most wonderful place, except Scottsdale is not bad. It sounds like perhaps you haven't seen many of the nice places yet?

Hi,

at the starting I had not a good impression of New Orleans at all, but I found many interesting aspects and people are really nice. It' s been the same in Arizona, I was in Tucson, at the starting I was kind of lost in the desert, but at the end I loved the beauty of the mountains and the peculiarity of the place. I have been to the East coast as New York and Philadelphia and in California and Florida, but visiting have nothing to do with living in a place.

Probably, it's just me that get boring at a certain point. But it's also true that, also if I like many things here, I just don't feel myself in harmony with some aspects of the mentality and the style of life. I admire the professionalism and the motivation, people are nice and willing to help, but I always felt a fish out of the water (not sure is the right expression), and I think that instead to stay and complain is better to leave and see what happens.

I see. Well, hopefully you can find a place (or go back to the place) where you feel like a fish in water :)

Find activities and meet other expats

OR