Searching a job in New zealand on visiting visa

Hi Everyone

My name is Narayana from India and I am currently working as a senior .net developer with nearly 6+ years of experience completely into .net technology stack.I would like to Migrate to Newzealand

for work and want to settle there permanently.

Initially i had checked my points for Skilled migrant visa of NZ but i am falling short of 20 points to get out of the pool for which i need 140 points.so this option is ruled out.

when i was going through the immigration websites of NZ, in one of the websites it has been mentioned that "One can come to NZ on a visiting visa and can talk to the prospective employers"

Question 1 : Talk with the prospective employers means what ? will there be an interview face to face?

if yes then question 2: if i am through in the interview then the next big thing is i will be asked about my work visa status which should be among the below 3

1: open work permit visa

2: closed work permit visa

3: No work permit visa

As i had come to NZ on a visiting visa i will come under the 3rd category that is "NO WORK PERMIT VISA". Now will the employer come forward to apply for a work permit visa?

if yes then do i need to come back to India and then the process of work permit visa should be initiated by the employer or can it be initiated by the employer while i am still in Newzealand on a

visiting visa and  can i change my status of visiting visa to work visa and start working for the employer after that?

It would be great if some one gives me a crystal clear picture on the above points as i need to take a big risk of quitting my job in India and come to New zealand for 1-2 months on a visiting visa

and search for a job.

Good luck. :)