Hi I'm Angel - waiting for visa approval but my passeport got damaged

I'm a filipino and my husband is also a Filipino citizen living in Germany for 29 years,I Had a problem  in my passport  while I'm  currently waiting for my visa approval , what should I do since my passport is considered damaged by the DFA due to small stain at the first page and back page? Anyone can help?should I renew it to a new passport or should I wait for the visa approval? Could it be a big problem?

If your passport is considered by local authorities as damaged, they will not put the visa in it. You should contact the Philippines Consulate or Embassy and apply for a new passport.

How about the ongoing visa?this  Could be the result of a big conflict ?

if ur passport is damaged, would be better to get a new one.. i just saw in the local news some days ago, about a passenger who was rejected at check-in due to a small tear on her passport.. it was an international flight, which she couldnt resched or refund.. so it was a real inconvenience (and loss) on her part...

altho i dont know if the embassy will stick a visa on damaged passport.. u should prob inform them abt that, and ask them how u should proceed...

Thank you pheebz

Gracemark28 wrote:

I'm a filipino and my husband is also a Filipino citizen living in Germany for 29 years,I Had a problem  in my passport  while I'm  currently waiting for my visa approval , what should I do since my passport is considered damaged by the DFA due to small stain at the first page and back page? Anyone can help?should I renew it to a new passport or should I wait for the visa approval? Could it be a big problem?

Nothing to worry... you can just apply for passport renewal.... you get to keep your old passport anyway. So when you get your visa stamp better bring your old and new passport. They know what to do for sure :)

In fact i had lots of visa already coz i work as a seafarer since 2003,,,, im bringing my old passport with me together with my new passport coz some of my visa are stamped in my old passport which is expired but the visa is still valid. So far I have 3 passports already and im still keeping the old ones :)

Thank you so much! :)