Hire a car and driver in HCM?

What can I expect to pay to hire a car and driver for 2 weeks to travel from HCM to Da Nang ?

I understand that the hotels have a room that the driver can stay in at no cost..

Hi,

It will be crazy if you do that cos there are a lot of policemen waiting to ask your money, especially the car doesnt belong to you, it will be more troubles.

Regards

Hello thanlan7465

You can check out our directory for contacts of car rentals, maybe they can get you a driver too.

>> Car rental in Ho Chi Minh City <<

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

[Moderated: No free ad]

Yes, certain hotels have a drivers rooms - but they are usually squalid, germ infested rooms.

I would like to hire the driver and the car.... I wont be driving... any idea of the cost?

I actually have no idea but I saw the link given by kenjee. You may want to try and ask some more information given there by some service providers.

The price is 3m/day including salary for the driver and everything.

Thanks for the info... I will check it out

Dejavu.dot wrote:

The price is 3m/day including salary for the driver and everything.

This is high.

Many privately owned taxi vehicles will rent, usually on a Per Diem + mileage + gas basis.

IN ALL CASES YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FEED THE DRIVER. AND, out of town, PAY FOR BASIC ACCOMMODATION

Jaitch wrote:

This is high.

Many privately owned taxi vehicles will rent, usually on a Per Diem + mileage + gas basis.

IN ALL CASES YOU ARE EXPECTED TO FEED THE DRIVER. AND, out of town, PAY FOR BASIC ACCOMMODATION

That is the price my family hired the service some weeks ago. I think it is ok cos it includes petrol, street fees,policemen's fees..and the driver is very cute and easy. He is a silent person who took us around anywhere we want and never asked us to pay anything, even a meal. We even asked his number for contacting later.

Taxi driver? from Phan Dinh Phung to Ben Thanh, it asks 500 000d

Regards

[Moderated: No free ad]