Moving to Malta-cost of living

Hi,
I am thinking of moving to Malta before the end of the year, I have looked into areas that I can rent flats in but I am a bit confused about everything else.
What I was looking to find out was if anyone could give me advice on the costs of living like gas, electricity, water etc. I was looking to get advice on the cost of insuring a car in Malta as I was thinking about bringing my car from the UK with me.
I am also not sure on anything else from tax to getting a social security number or anything really, any advice anyone could give would be great.

Thanks in Advance :)

I suggest you start off by browsing through the topics in the cost of living section of this forum (https://www.expat.com/forum/341-22-cost … malta.html) You are likely to find answers to many of your questions there.

The cost of insuring you car will depend a lot on the type of car, its market value, your age, any no claims discount you might be entitled to (its transferrable from the UK) and type of insurance cover.

Unless you have some sort of pension or other steady income in the UK, you'll need to find out what jobs might be suitable for your skills and qualifications in Malta.

lambada wrote:

I suggest you start off by browsing through the topics in the cost of living section of this forum (https://www.expat.com/forum/341-22-cost … malta.html) You are likely to find answers to many of your questions there.

The cost of insuring you car will depend a lot on the type of car, its market value, your age, any no claims discount you might be entitled to (its transferrable from the UK) and type of insurance cover.

Unless you have some sort of pension or other steady income in the UK, you'll need to find out what jobs might be suitable for your skills and qualifications in Malta.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ill be sure to have look, I have a job lined up for when i move out but wanted to make sure i would have the affordability to make the move first

be wary of importing your own car if you have not owned it for than 2 years. (must be able to prove it too.)

toonarmy9752 wrote:

be wary of importing your own car if you have not owned it for than 2 years. (must be able to prove it too.)

yea I've had it 2 years so that shouldn't be a problem to prove, i knew that was one of the expensive things to do if i hadn't thanks.