Muscat Expat Blog Meet 26th Sept 2014

We would like to invite everyone for a meet up on 26th September Friday.

Proposed venues are Thai Corner in Qurum at the back of Mars OR Al Deyar in Shatti Qurum.

Please put your suggestions.

Al Deyar

Hi there... The idea is to let everyone have a chance to decide between the 2 places.

>> Thai Food - Thai Corner
>> Grilled Chicken - Al Deyar

Please feel free to post your thoughts. We need you to get back with your confirmations whether you are attending.

Hi,

Both i like but let me see what the most will like...

Ammar

Where are the bunch of guys looking for friends? :/  again missing? If there is a meet up nowhere to be found....hmmmm

hexebella wrote:

Where are the bunch of guys looking for friends? :/  again missing? If there is a meet up nowhere to be found....hmmmm

:/

amoor wrote:
hexebella wrote:

:/

:/:unsure:idontagree:

Hi. Every one . I am newly join this "Expat.com" and its true we meet with each other in 26 sept. 2014 ?

F.SIDDIQUI wrote:

Hi. Every one . I am newly join this "Expat.com" and its true we meet with each other in 26 sept. 2014 ?

Yea.. You are welcome to join on 26th September. Venue is still under discussion.

F.SIDDIQUI wrote:

Yea it's for real....you can check thw photos of our activities in FB page Living in Oman. We are posting on that page as we can't post pics here.

You arr most welcome to join so please vote for your venue based on the two options above.

Costa Coffee Qurum  :lol:

Nice place , thanks to Hexebella   :top:

If I stayed few more days I'd have surely visited all the meetups by EB (Oman) :D

God , I fell in love with this country  :sosad:

I feel homesick now  :huh:

gunner757 wrote:

Costa Coffee Qurum  :lol:

Nice place , thanks to Hexebella   :top:

If I stayed few more days I'd have surely visited all the meetups by EB (Oman) :D

God , I fell in love with this country  :sosad:

I feel homesick now  :huh:

My pleasure gunner!

You have to come back...it's a must! And it should be a weekend so most of the EB's are free. Wait till you see the interiors. :cool:

Come on 26th Sept :lol:

raul1802 wrote:

Hello guys.. just check the post..
I m in to meet up on 26th at anyplace as all the places new for me ..hh
Waiting to c u guys agin on 26th :D

:top:

unfortunately, can't attend....I will be in Dubai that weekend  :sosad: ....shopping for furniture  :cool:

hansvc wrote:

unfortunately, can't attend....I will be in Dubai that weekend  :sosad: ....shopping for furniture  :cool:

No Problems Hans. Hope to see you the next time. Are you in our whatsapp group yet?

heyfarooq wrote:
hansvc wrote:

No Problems Hans. Hope to see you the next time. Are you in our whatsapp group yet?

Good idea, will send a PM to Hexebella with my phone number so she can add me.

heyfarooq wrote:
hansvc wrote:

No worries. ..we will keep you posted on whatever we will come up to.
Happy shopping!

Thanks for the invitation. My pleasure to join you. Let us know once the venue is finalized.

Thanks

Jags1 wrote:

Thanks for the invitation. My pleasure to join you. Let us know once the venue is finalized.

Thanks

Thanks for your interest Jags, it would be our pleasure to have you with us. Please cast your vote on the venue, either Thai Corner or Al Deyar, both are in Qurum.

My vote for Al Deyar.

Thanks,

Jags1 wrote:

My vote for Al Deyar.

Thanks,

Thanks Jags!

Al Deyar
Rami
Jags

Thai Corner

EBs please put your name which venue you want.  :thanks:

Hi,

I'm new in muscat and I would appreciate it if you can provide a street address for both the places.

Thanks

Hi, would like to join, but as I'm new to Muscat can you please provide the street address of the two places

Thanks

Stefanvdw wrote:

Hi, would like to join, but as I'm new to Muscat can you please provide the street address of the two places

Thanks

You are most welcome stefan.
Thai corner is at the back of Mars supermarket in Qurum very near the big roundabout in qurum. Mars is right opposite of Marah Land.
If you go to PDO direction coming from the big roundabout, there is a service road to your left that's where Thai Corner is. There are also shawarma parlor beside it.

Al Deyar is located in shatti qurum. In front of shatti cinema is a car park, at the far end is Al Deyar, you will see the outdoor seating.

Check if they are in trip advisor as they provide location map.

EBs please add if you have other means of direction.

Hexe.. I am thinking lets go to Al Deyar as the seating is near the beach..

So I guess if you count Amoors vote as Al deyar(since hes open to both) we can finalize the venue as Al Deyar. Also you and Lau have already been to the Thai corner last week so it makes sense to go to the chicken joint.

Also I think its better if you create a new post with the new Venue as people have to scroll right to the bottom of this post to know of the venue.

I stay In Alkhuwair, near Ravasoc, how to come to that place you mentioned, I thinking of coming  "Muscat Expat.com Meet 26th Sept 2014". I am completely new to Oman.
My conatct no: 96384336

I really would like to attend this event, but I haven't the slightest idea as to where it is going to be. Did you decide on chicken or Thai? I'm in either way, that is, if it is okay. I have been a bit lonely since my arrival 3 weeks ago and would love to mix with some other exapts beside coworkers.   :)

So its settled then... lets eat some Chicken :)

Hi All,

Since there are a lot of "new expats" like me can we not rather meet at a landmark in Muscat ? And then proceed to where ever Either way I would attend. ...

@ Stefan: Past experience tells me that not everyone will turn up.... the regular EBs will be there... but we've had a lot of events with a lot of people showing interest but not turning up..... It would be lovely to have a lot of people but alas important things always have a habit of showing up on EB get together days. ;) 

You can always ask for directions and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to guide you..... Its always better to turn up at the venue.....

Stefanvdw wrote:

Hi All,

Since there are a lot of "new expats" like me can we not rather meet at a landmark in Muscat ? And then proceed to where ever Either way I would attend. ...

If you have a mobile that has the Ply Store you can download the app "Navigator". It will actually talk to you and give you the directions play by play. You'll need to download the app and then the map of Oman. It's too easy.

Rammy87 wrote:

@ Stefan: Past experience tells me that not everyone will turn up.... the regular EBs will be there... but we've had a lot of events with a lot of people showing interest but not turning up..... It would be lovely to have a lot of people but alas important things always have a habit of showing up on EB get together days. ;) 

You can always ask for directions and I'm sure someone would be more than happy to guide you..... Its always better to turn up at the venue.....

I fully agree with Rammy. New people do sound excited at the prospect of meeting new friends but drop out without any intimation prior or after the event.

Hope you all can make it this time as it gives us an opportunity to meet new people. :cool:

heyfarooq wrote:

Hexe.. I am thinking lets go to Al Deyar as the seating is near the beach..

So I guess if you count Amoors vote as Al deyar(since hes open to both) we can finalize the venue as Al Deyar. Also you and Lau have already been to the Thai corner last week so it makes sense to go to the chicken joint.

Also I think its better if you create a new post with the new Venue as people have to scroll right to the bottom of this post to know of the venue.

No problem. ..majority rules.
I also like the place and their grilled chicken.
So Al Deyar then.

Hexe maybe you could create a new post with the venue and time? Just a suggestion

So Al Deyar then.

no prob too..
Al Deyer, Which TIme,
Any instructions or suggestionor preparations etc.,,,  to new comers...

Can I know whatsapp group and how to add, I would like add in that gruoup.

heyfarooq wrote:

Hexe maybe you could create a new post with the venue and time? Just a suggestion

Will do that Farooq...

t.balaji wrote:

Can I know whatsapp group and how to add, I would like add in that gruoup.

PM me your number....I will forward to the admin....or you can PM Lau directly.

t.balaji wrote:

So Al Deyar then.

no prob too..
Al Deyer, Which TIme,
Any instructions or suggestionor preparations etc.,,,  to new comers...

Nothing Balaji, just show up and join the fun.

I love the place so beautiful @ warm to see the beach on shatti qurum...I would like to know if there is an extra payment to join @ take more frnds wd me? Thanks@ hope eeveryone are welcome ...Enjoy the Beautiful Scene. ...