Bkk to CM

Hi I am planning my trip too! :)  Late Oct

Is it cheaper to buy a flight in country (Bkk to Chiang Mai) than to purchase the full meal deal... LAX TO CNX...$1300

also any recommendations for lodging (3mos) would be cool

Thanks

Jim

jimu71 wrote:

Hi I am planning my trip too! :)  Late Oct

Is it cheaper to buy a flight in country (Bkk to Chiang Mai) than to purchase the full meal deal... LAX TO CNX...$1300

also any recommendations for lodging (3mos) would be cool

Thanks

Jim

Welcome to the forum

There are cheap flights from Bangkok to CM. Look online. I suggest you fly to Bangkok, stay there a night then on to CM. For accommodation in CM or Bangkok go online.
In CM you could check out guesthouses and negotiate a long term rate with them,.

thank you

Hi

You can find a cheap flight from bkk to cm with many low costs airlines.
Here are a few airlines with cheap flights :
Air asia , thai lion air and nok air.
Hope it helps! :)

:) thank you so much for your suggestions

have a beautiful day!

Is it worth booking the flight to CM from BKK in advance, or a couple days before the flight? It seems to make more sense and was cheaper flying throughout Thailand buying the tickets once inside the country. Just figured this would help the OP out as well.

Book in advance is usually the cheapest. An online check of airlines will often come up with specials which can only be accessed by online bookings.

Thanks for that Stumpy. I would have assumed buying the ticket at the airport a couple days before going since there something like 7-13 flights to CM a day would run cheaper than booking through a travel site.

Not on this trip over to arrange my move will I be in Laos, but will definitely have to catch up with you next time I'm in town. It seems that if you don't know where the fun is in V, you can ride around looking all night lol. Cheers!

Can a foreigner open a bank account in Thailand. I thought I would like to open a bank account, stay for six months and avoid all those foreign transaction fees they charge you every time you use your card. Thank you

jimu71 wrote:

Can a foreigner open a bank account in Thailand. I thought I would like to open a bank account, stay for six months and avoid all those foreign transaction fees they charge you every time you use your card. Thank you

Yes depends on bank and banch. They all have different criteria-lots of threads on here if you use the search feature.

Not sure how it helps you avoid FX charges since you have to fund the account.........unless you bring cash of course.