Is OMR 400 sufficient for hotelier...mid management position in barka,

Hello,

I have been offered a job in one of the 5 star resort in Oman. with salary of OMR 400 + accommodation in side the resort + food on shift + service charge... will it be sufficient to save some amount to sent back home....how is social,night life in Barka i m foodie and a chef by profession....how about booze and availability....convenience of travel...how is it compared to Mumbai....? do i have liberty to visit other GCC countries?  how much time it takes for visa after medical test in home country?how is the work culture and people at work?thanks in advance :thanks:

Hello kvahab

Welcome to Expat.com

While waiting for members to help you out in your queries, I invite you to check out our Cost of Living in Muscat forum so as to gather some informations.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

No Reply :sosad::sosad::sosad::nothappy::nothappy:

kvahab wrote:

No Reply :sosad::sosad::sosad::nothappy::nothappy:

Better check first how many manpower will be in your team....most often tbe challenge here is the insufficient manpower...it's suicidal....if you have an event of 500 pax....how many kitchen staff shoul be there? Check with your would be employer....if this is the case....you won't have the chance to socialize because of over fatigue.
And the service charge? It's normally ro10 to ro15 only unless you will be joining grand hyatt or chedi where service charge could reach up to ro200 per month. Also please note that in oman if you resign before completing your 2 year contract you will be banned to come back to tbe country for 2 years so be careful in choosing your employer here.

kvahab wrote:

Hello,

I have been offered a job in one of the 5 star resort in Oman. with salary of OMR 400 + accommodation in side the resort + food on shift + service charge... will it be sufficient to save some amount to sent back home....how is social,night life in Barka i m foodie and a chef by profession....how about booze and availability....convenience of travel...how is it compared to Mumbai....? do i have liberty to visit other GCC countries?  how much time it takes for visa after medical test in home country?how is the work culture and people at work?thanks in advance :thanks:

Also please check with the ministry of tourism in muscat if this resort is really a 5 star officially.

Yes the resort belongs to the king.............there are around 40 members under me,...  :gloria

kvahab wrote:

Yes the resort belongs to the king.............there are around 40 members under me,...  :gloria

Cool! :top:
Go for it!

:top::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Hi I m in barka.....Plz plan a day out here....

kwahab wrote:

Hi I m in barka.....Plz plan a day out here....

Welcome to Barka!
Which resort did you join?
I  hope it's not the one I am thinking of  :/

Which one u thinking