An Open invitation to all EBs

Hope you all are relaxed and chilling!  :D

We have been conducting Meet-ups every month since the past year for members of this forum. A couple of days back we successfully organized a trip to Jabal Akhdar.

10 of us from the forum actively participated to make it enjoyable and memorable.
We would like to invite more of you to come and join us for future gatherings and events.

Personally, I have benefitted a lot from this group as it gave me an opportunity to meet people from different nationalities and diverse backgrounds. Its  like a melting point of cultures. We have at present people from India, Philippines, Malaysia, Belgium, Egypt, Bangladesh and of course our very own Oman.

Generally the pattern here among the expats community is to make friends from our countries and stick to them. However, here on EB we get to meet people with varied backgrounds. So it's a great experience and an opportunity to enjoy as well as learn from people.

And believe me I was hesitant at first mostly being an introvert. But I forced myself to attend and here I am, really enjoying myself.

I would like to extend the same invitation to the other like-minded individuals who would like to explore and experience meeting complete strangers and making them friends for life.

However on a SERIOUS note:  :| We would want people to be committed to the essence and spirit of what this group represents. The feeling among us is that some people are not serious. They post and sound enthusiastic about coming. But they disappear as quickly as they write the post. For Such People : Please don't waste out time...

A lot of planning and work goes into organizing the trips so it would help to know the numbers. It really feels off  :(  when you plan something for days and at the end of it people don't show up.

Of course something may come up and you may not be able to make it. There is no arguing that. But a simple message from you BEFORE or AFTER the event would make up for your absence. Just to let us know that you are indeed committed from your side. :)

So all you great people out there. On behalf of my friends (Amoor, Hexe, Ramee, Vido,Lau ..just to name a few) I extend this invitation to you all to try to experiment and actually see what it is like..

Hope to See you there the next time:top:

Au Revoir

I wil definitly attend a casual coffee meeting next time , i have been in Muscat a month now and feel ready to meet some new friends

Where is the next meet? Would like to join!

Hey Deborah & Tirthankar,

Glad to know of your interest. Please watch this space for further announcements. We may be meeting at the end of this month. When its decided there will a post to indicate that on the forum.

Thanks Farooq

Thanks Farooq for posting that...Muscat EBs yes indeed its a great experience to mingle with different people from different cultural background...I was the only female from the first meet up last April 2013 until 1st quarter of 2014 but then I was happy to have developed the friendship with the guys.  We continued the meetings even there were only 3-4 people, until now I  am being active for the purpose of promoting the community and to make the expats feel that they are not alone in this foreign country. It is a satisfying experience to be of assistance to anyone needing even just for a simple information about expat life and what more if we can make them feel a sense of belonging coz we are here for each other.

To all of you who has not yet attended any meet ups, we invite you all to gather with us this 2nd half of September 2014, exact date, venue and timing will be posted. We need you all to make the community strong, effective and to reach out to more expats in Oman.

hexebella wrote:

Thanks Farooq for posting that...Muscat EBs yes indeed its a great experience to mingle with different people from different cultural background..............

Thanks Hexe for sharing your experiences. Its indeed great to see people trying to help the others on this forum. Providing information that can make a difference to them. May your tribe increease!!

Hexe!
Fantastic work, you gurl  :)
LOoks Like the heat is on in Oman and the EB - Oman 's plant is growing faster and faster.....!!!!

Let's meet on 10 or 11 for coffee :P

You have a foreign expat member in Oman  :dumbom:

I visited zouk last night to chill out , it was awesome :D

Hey Gunner,

Actually the meets are planned well in advance. Its difficult for me to make it on weekdays. Enjoy your stay in Muscat.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=402681

http://www.jamesgood.co.uk/sites/default/files/Good-Stuff-Print_1.jpg