My girlfriend is going home. Need help.

Hi,

I don't know much about the visa rules at yet so I just jumped ahead and wanted to ask people who might have knowledge. Basically I met a girl, one in a million, you know the typical story and since I've known her she's told me of her mum's willingness to return to South Africa from the UK. They've lived her over 10 years. I'm English, I've done some travelling, had working holiday visa's in Oz and NZ. We've only known each other a short space of time but it's been very serious up until last week when she said she's all but decided to return to South Africa with her mum. My gf/ex almost is 28 btw, I am 32. It's been the most amazing time with her and I don't want it to end, I want to go with her. Her mum is moving back to be with her new boyfriend who owns a farm. I am willing to go, I have worked briefly on farms in OZ, I want to go with her. Am I able to go and be sponsored by her Mum's boyfriends on the farm. Is this possible? I'm desperate for it not to be over and going isn't a problem for me.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

pl tell me ur present tel no or email & citizenship for working  on a farm in s.africa to check it out & reply
helper

Hello iambeatle,

Do not give your personal phone number or e-mail to anyone for your own security, especially to someone in India (Pune) that has only two posts here.

First of all, what does your gf have to say about the idea of you going to South Africa to be with her? If she isn't agreeable to the idea then you're beating a dead horse, don't you think?

Have you approached mum's boyfriend with the idea? You have to have him on side too or the deal just won't fly.

Good luck, hope things work out for everybody involved.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

hi woodward-u r a british citizen & ur girlfriend is probably as well who wants to work in a farm in s.africa. best if she goes on a tourist visa 2 c if she fits in, later she can apply 4 a work visa 
helpall

helpall wrote:

hi woodward-u r a british citizen & ur girlfriend is probably as well who wants to work in a farm in s.africa. best if she goes on a tourist visa 2 c if she fits in, later she can apply 4 a work visa 
helpall

From your rather strange reply it is clear that you don't understand this topic thread at all.

1. It is NOT my situation it is @iambeatle who is in the situation.

2. I am NOT a UK citizen.

3. @iambeatle IS as UK citizens, but his girlfriend IS NOT, she's South African.

thank you for you reply wjwoodward.

it's in the process of being asked. the message has been passed a long. The mum knows but it's just waiting for her response. I'm very nervous because I'd like to be the one to put the points across to show I'm serious but it's been taken over by the mum lol

Looks like in your situation, diplomacy will have to take over for pride, out of pure necessity.

Mum's in the driver's seat here. If you stand any chance at all, it will depend on her support or lack thereof. If she's on side then your chances are much better that the boyfriend will be agreeable. If she's not, then you should forget the whole idea.

Stay where u are SA Farms are targets for murders.....find yrself a new girlfriend in the UK but stay away from the crime country SA....advice from an X SAfrican

maxline you are bitter, you must try and forgive yourself

I have already been warned of certain things but it's a chance I'd take to be with her

true s.african farms r not a safe place to be in. change ur plans
helpall