If you need me pm me

hey all i have decided to take a break from this forum, i still read the posts but i will not be commenting.
There are people on this forum who have been rude and accused me of being stupid and not knowing enough about things to post .

firstly i have a law degree so i am far from stupid and i am quite capable of reading laws and procedures and being able to give information on them.
secondly i have never once told anyone that my way is the only way and you must do exactly as i say , i give advise based on my own experieicnes and from the information i have gleamed.

However there are a few members of this forum who in no uncertain terms  have told me i shouldnt say anything about anything ..

Admin if you read this i hope you can understand why i am posting it

if anyone would like to get in touch with me you can either pm me on here or contact me on email [email protected]

kindest regards

Sorry to hear about all the hassle you have had. some people just don't want help just to winge and moan.
Thanks for all the advice we have learned

It's one of the reasons that I hardly post, I am on here daily, but don't feel comfortable posting views, opinions or advice.
Forums like this need a wide range of views and opinions, we all experience different things in life over here and as we all find out there is more than one way to do things.

Hi there I for one value your information abd im glad I joined this site to find  a respectable person thanks Barbara

No one said you were stupid and no one said you did not know enough.
And no one has said you should not say anything!!
What was stated and implied was that, as you have only been here a matter of 3 months, it is not useful to answer queries simply based upon your own limited experience.
Also your interpretation of laws etc is simply that, your interpretation and that can be at considerable variance to fact.
(Particularly when it comes to Maltese Law and Procedures.) As is your interpretation of posts on here.
There are also many others here with a degree (or two).
Stop being so dramatic and beware of the need to be needed.

I'm sorry to see that you feel this way.
If you feel offended or other ways, you can contact the team and they will investigate and take action if needed.
The easiest way is to report the particular post  by clicking on the report button above the post and describe in a few words why you report it.

Every information is needed, if you are a "freshman" or when you are live for a certain of years.
Most people respond on topics op basis what they have experienced, it doesn't mean that its always the truth or the policy.

robpw2 wrote:

There are people on this forum who have been rude...

No need to take a break Rob or to stop posting.

That is what the REPORT triangle above each posting is for. Reporting abuses of forum rules and conduct gets quick action from TEAM.

Nobody, regardless of who they may be, how long they've been a member of EB, how many postings they've made is above being disciplined should there be a need. I can tell you from experience this is true... I'm a member of the EB Experts Team, I've been here since 2010, have going on 6500 posting (99.9999% helping other members) and even I've had my knuckles rapped a couple of times when I needed it. (It's that other 0.0001% of my postings that have landed me in hot water  :cool: )

Nobody is above the rules, so don't let longevity, posting count or even the color of our suitcases  intimidate you in any way. Just remember my rights (and everybody elses) end where yours begin. There is only one OWNER of the forums - and his name is Julien! Sadly, we do have some members who seem to think otherwise.

Sadly Rob the Internet as we all know isn't the best place at times for conversation, things escalate quickly when if we were all having a beer then I'm sure it would be a far different discussion.  :(

No need to go silent we all have opinions and experiences and they should be shared as everyone's is different, sometimes we are right sometimes wrong but a public forum is a melting pot to throw things into not a clinically uneditable fact sheet.

Saltiness abounds sometimes which is very sad as with a little more thought instead of reaction it would make for more peaceable discussion. And friends could be kept instead of alienated.

And I myself have been guilty of this.

Anyhoo stick around and give your thoughts, if they are wrong someone will helpfully point this out if not they can only be constructive and some help to someone.

Jay.

redmik +1

Everything has been said - this thread is closed.

Closed