Egyptian Marriage

I don't know if anyone can help but can you tell me whether there are rules about how long you have known your partner before you get married? I am British and my partner is Egyptian and we want to get married in Egypt. Do you need proof of the amount of time?

Thanks for any help

No, you don't need anything like that. I hope this helps.

u need nothing, just get married and enjoy ;)

Thanks. Someone told me you had to prove that you'd known each other for two years with documents like flight tickets...

noo, for marriage in egypt no need . but for USA marriage i guess yes u need proof that u know each other well like pic together flight tickets yes, but in egypt just go marry, enjoy, and dont forget to invite me ;)

Hi Becky and how are you? My name is Pius and just read your question on marriage here in Egypt? And here's my suggestion before get married join exparts women in egypt and here is where most foriegn women air their regrets on having married quickly to Egytian men. That's my little advice to you just get different views from other women, Goodluck anyway.

Thanks for your advice. We've known each other for 3 years but I just didn't know how we were going to prove it. I would never rush into a decision like this.

No, you don't need anything like that

If you want your marriage to be recognized in the UK you will need to bring certain documents with you to take to the embassy
The only time you would be questioned about the length of time you have known each other would be if your husband was applying for a visa and then you would need proof
hope this helps :)

Following to your questions and to that answers. Actually, i would like to indicate that you really need some papers from your country to be able to get married in Egypt.
1- A paper from your city hall prove that you are single or divorced woman.
2- A paper prove what is your religion, because if you are not Muslim, Christian or Jewish you can not marry an Muslim man. that's why you need to get this paper to show that you have 1 of those mentioned religious.
3-  After you get those required papers, you have to stamp them from your city hall.
Finally, Best wishes and happy marriage :)

The papers that you need from Britian are best to get from the embassy in Cairo. Its a long process to get married but the embassy are used to it so know what you need.
Good luck to both of you.

Hi becky
No u dont need to prove that u are together but if u are going through with the marriage in the  embassy or by  Orfi  u need to ask loads of questions first,make sure u get someone to translate the marriage before u sign anythink or u could find u lose a lot if the marrige dont work out. specially if u have children with him.or property in england loads of money.    i didt get any translated  and now im will in the shit trying to get a divorce  my children are now 6yrs and in egypt they belong to the father even if u are english.   U do need to bring with u decree (divorce papers if u have one) and that is it oh and of course ur passport,  U then go along to the embassy in Cairo, then also inform the embassy in london so the bans can get read then its a matter of going bk to fro   Orif marrige is a lot easyier and cheaper but still read first. he could put down loads of conditions   Like one person said they can only marry jewish christian and before u ask no u do not need to convert to muslum  before or after  if u want to convert before marrige u then can have a full marriage in a mosic   Please make sure he is not after u for a visa  or money     Good luck

Thank you. I hope it works out for you.

Not as far as I am aware. I never heard that rule before

You can get marry right away they will not ask you any.Egypt is different not like western countries