400R Salary + Accomdation @ Sur - Savings???????????

Hi ,
I have got an offer in a Medium size organization at Sur . They have offered 400R salary + Accomdation. My Job location is in Sur. So can anyone provide me the following,

I am single. I have to see my self abt my feeding and I am sure no chance of self cooking possible over there. So Can any one give a rough amount of food costs in Indian Restaurants (3Times a day for 1 Month) in Sur area. 

and also about the Mobile calling charges to India + Unlimited Mobile Internet plan.

Excluding all  my expenses can I save 300R per month????????????

Thank you

I dont know about the food but one thing u need to do is learn hownto budget n save.good thing accommodation is catered for.y can save enough.u are single.plan for e calls.for those u can.access thru whatsapp. Do that.u dont ave to make calls all e time.when u are in a foreign country u need to adjust to many things
Good luck

Hello karthikguru

I invite you to check out other threads dealing with the same matter in our Cost Of Living in Muscat section of the forum.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Thank you for the response.

The biggest expense here is accommodation,  So if your employer takes care of it and your daily transportation cost, you should be ok. If you go to small Indian restaurant a south Indian Meal or tali should cost you around 900 Bz to 1.5 OMR (rates in Muscat). There are also restaurants that offer you a package of 2 meals a day, and you pay them 30 OMR. I would expect Sur to be on the same cost lines.

So if you are careful you can keep your expenses below 150 a month and save the rest.

Hope this was helpful.

Take care

Hi,

Greetings from Bala!

Congratulations for the offer you got.  In your message, you did not mention whether you are vegetarian or non-vegetarian.  Since, I am pure vegetarian, I can tell you about life style in Sur.  The place Sur is a coastal small town.  So, for Vegetarian people, it may cost around R.O.50/- per month towards food expenses.  If you don't have any other habits, like smoking, drinking, you can easily send around Indian Rupees 50,000/- per month.

For telephone, you can buy an android phone and you can talk unlimited through websites namely Talkray and Imo to your loved ones by charging prepaid cards of R.O.3/- per month.

Take care and best of luck.

Bye

V. Bala

Thank you Bala for your response. As you mentioned 50R per month. So you are saying about the cost eating at a outside restaurants.

Hi All,

I Have a got a offer from oman company.

And they told that this is immediate opening need to join immediately But my certificates are not attested it takes more time. So they suggested they will issue non professional visa as of now will convert to professional visa once received certificates attested. Is their any problem for my visa in future because this is the first time am going in to abroad for work visa. Please advise.

jophiljose wrote:

Hi All,

I Have a got a offer from oman company.

And they told that this is immediate opening need to join immediately But my certificates are not attested it takes more time. So they suggested they will issue non professional visa as of now will convert to professional visa once received certificates attested. Is their any problem for my visa in future because this is the first time am going in to abroad for work visa. Please advise.

Hello jophiljose,

It is always advisable not to rush into these things.

Find out all about the company, their credentials, your job description, your defined deliverables, salary and package details, and other key factors like a proper employment contract, salary increments etc., before deciding.

Better be safe than sorry.

Good luck.

Thanks for your immediate response and valuable suggestions,,,,