Studying and living

Asalamalaikum I am a quite a strict Muslim I hope, and I joined to ask where is it best for a single mother to live where it is not so expensive and safe and near Arabic institute for example mustafah el nahas I know it will be hard but I would also like to know of there's any sisters in same position as me?

Assalamu Alaikom, you can find many Arabic institutes in Cairo. I know one which is in Maadi. It's a safe neighborhood. Many expats live around. It's affordable in terms of prices. There's one institute that teaches Arabic and it's quite a decent one. Here's the website and the address: http://www. fajr.com/ 63 Annadi St., Maadi, Tel: 02-23597254. Hope this information is helpful.

what budget do you think is not expensive as maadi , zamalek ,fifth settlement
are considered expensive to some people
regarding arabic language institutes ,  i think many of them are in nasr city

BarakAllahfeek, this is very beneficial alhamdulillah what would you say budget should be for a year and is it safe for a niqabi sister? Are classes mixed in the institute?

The budget depends on the type of residence you are probably looking for, e.g. an apartment, a studio, or a shared apartment (which is less expensive than others). As for how safe it is for niqabi sisters, it's all safe all over Cairo, no worries about this. I'm not sure about whether the classes are mixed or not. I tried to reach them on the phone today but unfortunately got no answer. I will update you whenever I receive an answer isa.

Classes are not mixed in all Fajr institutes, these are their direct phone numbers, if you need further information abut the structure of the courses or any other inquiries:
Main branch in Nasr City +20224700066
Maadi Institute:               +2023597254
or else you can post your inquiry here

Salamu alaikum, As a militry veteren and a world traveIer I would exersice caution in any part of Egypt. I am in the Fajr Center area now. Do not come here thinking its rainbows and butterflies.  Contact your consulate and ask about the area you want to live in, ask about crimes against foreigners. If you come make sure you have sound intention to learn the language, this will help you over look what you see around you.

The area where Fajr Center is located is called hay thamin (district eight).