Mosta Primary school

Hi!
We are zoned for Mosta Primary school and were starting the enrollment process today for our eight year old son and four year old daughter.
The school admin lady told me that they were having to translate the welcome letter for my son into English as they didn't have any other foreigners in his year (or school?)
Does anyone here go to, or know of any other expat kids that attend Mosta primary school?
Also, She wants the childrens' NHS records which I no longer have as they have had all their immunisations (took them just in case but they have been lost in the move!) How strict are they with this, we have the polyclinic tb screening letter...
Thanks!
Vicky

Mosta A or B??

The annexe, I was told?
The kids have been going to summer school there but haven't really settled yet.
Thanks for replying!

I have a Swedish friend who's children are 6 and 8, so there must be foreigners there.

I don't think they have a clue. On a recent talk I had to attend at Lily of the Valley (Mosta,) about the new middle school (in Naxxar,) the foreigners were asked to sit at the back so it could be translated. They were shocked and overwhelmed that there was near on 100 foreigners, all squashed in a corner while the deputy head (who had to somehow stand where we could all hear,) tried to translate in a whisper.

Needless to say, I left and went home!

dont blame you!!!!!

so much for being treated the same eh!

Thanks coxf001,
that is bizzarely a little reassuring. There might might be more foreigners out there after all. Can I ask how your Sweedish friends chilkdren are finding it all?
As for the lack of proof of immunization, I will try and just vouch for them until I can get a letter from our suregery at home.

My Swedish friends are finding it okay. I know that she is really impressed with her children's English as they didn't speak any before.

As for the immunisation, the Maltese carry their medical notes and childrens' medical notes everywhere with them, it's not like the UK where they are centralised at your local gp, so it's more of a misunderstanding of why you wouldn't have them.

I have lost my kids too and I still get asked but they will frown at you, make you feel like you are a hopeless mother and move on lol!

They are the same jabs as the Uk, they just immunise against Hep B too. They will just want to know that they are up to date and book you in for Hep B.

You are the most reassuring person, ever!
Thankyou... :)