Long time member in Expat Blog

Hi everyone ,, I'm Jane and I've been on this blog last year. I am looking forward to meet new faces with different races of the world.

Why not tell us a bit about yourself.  Have you been lurking here for a year?

Bob K

Hi Jane,

Welcome back... while you've been a member of Expat-blog for nearly two years now, you've really got no idea of how much you've missed out on by not participating in the forums.

Since you've not participated, you have not yet activated your private message privileges and can thus only RECEIVE private messages from other members, but not respond to them as yet. You've also deprived all of the other members here of getting to know you and in this way you have probably lost many opportunities to form lasting friendships.

While you've maybe taken the opportunity to read many of the topics posted and gain precious information, you have not availed yourself of ALL of the other benefits that membership here really has. Perhaps now you will decide to change that and become an active and participating member of Expat-blog.

I think way back to my highschool prom.... there was always a group of young ladies (in English speaking countries we call them "wall flowers"), who would band together off in a corner somewhere and watch the other students dancing and making merry. They would never ask a boy to dance with them, but they all complained that they went to the prom and never danced with anybody the whole time and complained even louder that they didn't have any fun at all.

Essentially you've been just like one of those "wall flowers" here on Expat-blog. You've watched others participating, having fun and making friends here - but you haven't joined in. I hope now you see just how sad that really is.

Hi, now i understand how it goes.. but i don't have any regrets of being inactive for a long time. Just to share some good things that Expat.com brought to me, I met my fiance on this site..We started exchanging messages and finally we both agreed to meet in Marina Mall Abu Dhabi. I was very thankful to Expat.com who really changed my life for 2 years.

Cool, thanks for sharing that information. So you can see that there's really a lot to be gained by being a member of Expat-blog even though it's not a dating site... I know that I've personally been responsible for facilitating numerous marriages by providing priceless information to expats from all over the world wanting to come here to marry their Brazilian girlfriend/boyfriend.

The more you participate the better known you become. I know from my own experience since I've got people on my extremely long contact list from every corner of the glope. If I took a world map and fired at it with a shotgun loaded with bird-shot, I probably couldn't hit some of the places where my contacts come from!

.. Probably this would be a goodbye for me since I've been evicted from the group,, Cheers to Expat.com..

Been evicted from the group? How do you mean?

I can't reply to all messages.. :(

A few more postings and your private message privileges will be activated........ that's part of the Anti-spam System we have. New members must activate their mailboxes by PARTICIPATING in the forums. Since you have not posted before now, the system considers you a new member.

You'll soon be able to send messages and the more you participate in the forums the larger your mailbox gets.

Don't quit on us just yet!!!

Thank you Mr.....?

[Moderated: Off topic]

Hi Jane, yeah, I was also a bit surprised by the "regimented" ways in which the administrators make people use the site. I was trying to reach out to some fellow-Indonesian girls, and I got locked-out of sending messages. But hopefully I will be "restored" by having conversations like this which go outside the bounds of what I was hoping to use the site for. Take care...

Meet expats all over the world

OR