PDO Labor clearance

Guys..hi..im also awaiting for the LC and visa in Oman for employment in PDO. Will this process take 6months or more? I have another Job offer in Abu Dhabi, im thinking of just letting go of this PDO if they will take that long.

Hi

Wait few weeks before 6 month.

PDO is better and Oman is also better.

I also will come to PDO. What is your position and which department!

Regards,
MAZ

Hi Mohamad,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment im really waiting for PDO but not sure how long i can wait. I nee to reply to Abu Dhabi offer till 1st week of March (EXXON). Offer is the exactly the same both position and package.

Im joining Process Dept in PDO.

Didnt expect the LC and Visa takes this long. I was interviewed last November and asked to complete the medical urgently so i thought the requirement is very urgent.

Thanks

Dear Sora,
Exxon offer might be a fraudulent one.

I have received a lot offer from them and they asked me for some payment for them earlier than I interviewed them.

send me your offer from them including their email to see if it a fact or cheating.

Hi Mohamed,

Its not fraud. I was interviewed in dubai last december only. However, since the requirement is not immidiate i was given time. The only reason im holding this one as the project is on iraq. At the moment i cant go to iraq but once the ban is lifted for my nationality then i might be ask to go there. That is why im hoping this PDO comes in soon.

Thanks

Yes, your decision is correct, Iraq is not safe country to work so I hope to  see you in PDO.

Yeah. Hope this PDO comes in soon. I already turned down TATWEER petroleum in bahrain and soon this Exxon for this PDO. Gambling too much on this.

Hi Sora
I've also got interviwed on November and I'm waiting till now...I will also join Process Department.
Hoping I'll get LC soon

Hi Man..thats good at least were on the same dept. Hope this labor clearance get settled.

Dear

What date which you signed the offer of PDO!

CHEERS

I'd love to hear if anyone has gotten an employment visa recently. It sounds like many are still awaiting LC, but not yet awaiting a visa.

Thanks

I signed my offer on 23 Nov 2014
Based on what I have seen in this forum and according to one friend who recently joined PDO the process will take minimum 12 weeks to reach the LC...
Looks like this is common duration for the process

And then, perhaps, as long for a visa.

Hi skibby..if im not mistaken you got ur LC already right? Ur just waiting for your visa.

Yes, for just two months now.

Oh wow..2 months for visa. how about the LC?  I thought PDO will be fast as after the interview they require us to sign the contract on the same day. At the same time since its goverment company it will have some special treatment of some sort. Just like those of Qatar petroleum or ADNOC, when they apply for visa for the staff it barely takes 1 month. It seems that the system has a fundamental issue here.

There is little consistency, from what I hear. Some get it more quickly, but still others wait longer than me. It's my understanding these delays stem from the push to reduce expats, so red tape causes extraordinarily long wait times. You'd think PDO, being essentially a government entity, they'd get better treatment. But, doesn't seem to be the case.

The biggest issue for me isn't how long it is taking, but that I don't have an idea of when it might be. It could be literally any day, which means I'm packing up and moving in a few weeks. Or, it could be in 4 months from now.

Hard to plan! I was offered a job end of June 2014.

Regards

Hi Skibby,

Thanks for the reply. I heard the same thing also. Some of the people manage to get in by 3 months time.Guess your theory of red tape is true. Plus from June 2014 till now is about 8 months waiting time already.

I have sent an email to PDO HR last week to at least give me a time frame. If they cant then i might decline this one. I have already given up a good opportunity in Bahrain for this one, but i dont think i can do it twice for PDO. However, if i decline im not sure if they gonna pay me back for the medical expenses.

Regards,
Sora

Yeah, I think Oman is a gem when you get there. So, generally, you do what you can to make it happen. However, they're possibly making it too much of a burden for people.

PDO HR is not at fault otherwise I'd give them a hard time. They're at the mercy of the system too. They don't want to quote you how long it took the previous person because it can be very different for the next one. They're in a tough spot. So are we.

agree Skibby, but im just wondering how come those who gets employed by Contractors/Consultants gets to mobilize to Oman much faster. At the end of the day all of the applicants papers will require LC. Had few friends who are had joined some contractors in Oman. They got hired, last December and now already in Oman.

Haven't a clue. :)

Hopefully friends like Schaz and Sumitran can answer that.

I wish you good luck in whatever choice you make. Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Got my Visa after 2weeks of LC. Now waiting for family visa. I think it varies for some people depending on where they are coming from as well

Congrats! Yes, also wondering if it is related to base country. Haven't seen anyone else from the U.S. I have seen lots of people already start there from other locations. Been 2 months awaiting employment visa.

How long did they say for family visa?

Thanks,

Congrats man...i do believe your right skibby, it depends from where your coming from. I know people from Brunei have close link with Oman goverment. Also, if you are coming from BSP (Brunei Shell) then you may have some special lane or something when going to PDO.

Well i accepted a new job offer now while waiting for PDO. If it still comes then good but if not i better try next time.

Congratulations body.

PDO is the best Oil Company in the middle east even better than any GCC companies even the biggest one which have five different payrolls depending on your nationality. While PDO have only two payrolls; Locals or Expatriate

To hmhe101:
Could you please tell how much time it took for you to get the LC...now I am almost 1 month waiting for my LC
Tnx

LC took about 5mths
My visa took 2wks
Family visa still waiting and they said 2wks as well
From others that went to PDO already always took them at least 7mths from the daybthey accept the offer till the day they arrive in Oman.

Hello Guys,

I am also waiting for LC from PDO. I got recruited in Dubai on 20th Nov. for process engineer position. Last month HR told me they applied for LC and still waiting for it. Please keep updated as and when anyone receive LC and visa...

Hi Friends,

I also waiting for LC for  PDO.
I had an interview in Dubai on 07th Nov and signed the appointment on same day for Eng. department.
I came through a recruitment agency and they are telling it will take max...3-4 week from December.
Last week I joined with a new employer in Dubai and still waiting a reply from PDO.
Please put an update when you receive LC ,Visa .
Thanks....

Hi all
Also me I am waiting for LC, PDO they told me take maximum 3 months, I did also interview in dubail on nov but still waiting, i contact them they say they are waiting and making thier efforts to get LC.
the problem if i resigne now from my current company, maybe i will not get LC for Oman.
For me i believe that PDO is best company in ME and Oman as well.

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

Thank you

Congratulation, this means you get you labour clearance, now they will apply for your visa, they will give 3 months visa and you should enter oman within this period

Thank you Trachid, yes, they told my husband that visa would take 10 days, but this week one month ago that they told this and we are waiting, for this reason I am confused because I supossed LC was approved but visa have taken long time! (more than 10 days) in oter email after this they wrote that HR to proceed for your clearance & visa ... I dont understand in that stage of procces we are!

Hi everyone,
I just want to share my experience which might benefit others. I joined PDO through MPS (Man power supply) as consultant in Nov 2013. I was working in abudhabi attended interview in Oct 2013 got selected went to India then came to Oman in a month, after seeing all your cases I wonder is it so difficult to get Employment Visa with PDO.
BTW what is LC, even my friend working here in PDO doesnt know what is LC.
Now they are considering us for Direct hire, but the process is slow even for us it is taking 4 to 5 months, oil price drop could be one of the reason. Not sure.

LC is labour clearance the Ministry of Manpowe in Oman approval foreigners for working

Hi every one, I only to ask what is the meaning of: "we have received your final approval from the Ministry of Manpower."  It is means that we have LC? we submitted all the documents on october and this reply was on 28 january.

After in other mail they told my husband that visa would take 10 days, but this week (Thursday) one month ago that they told this and we are waiting, for this reason I am confused because I supossed LC was approved but visa have taken long time! (more than 10 days) in other email after this they wrote that HR to proceed for your clearance & visa ... I dont understand in that stage of procces we are!

Thank you!

Employment visa should only take a week or two but can apparently take much, much longer for some. Been over two months for me.

Regards,

For me it is now 3 months and I am not worry about the delay due to start of the second semester of my kids which is the last semester of education, so it is better to be delayed till end of May even I am not have any job now.

Skibby Thanks for your reply.. wow I only can cross my fingers and continue waiting I hope that not longer time, but finally have you had your visa?

Mohamad MAZ I am glad for you and It is good to know that someone is patient with this long process.. I hope that the visa of my husband come very soon :)