New to Saudi - Help

hi All

I a due to move to Madinah in a few weeks but I am unsure of what to expect.  I am well aware of the culture difference and what women can/cannot do.  I was just wondering what its going to be like when I first get there and ask what your experiences were like?

As much info as possible would be greatly appreciated as I am nervous!

thanks

Firstly, you do not need to delete your personal photos or anything on your tablets, phones or laptops. I suppose if you're coming here as an employee your company would have arranged for a driver to take you to your hotel/temporary residence. You need to bring your "abaya" should you want to go out in public. Covering your hair in respect to the culture here is optional.

Please ask if you have any specific questions.

Thanks Ali!
Much appreciated
Will I be told when I need to cover my hair? I understand I need to carry a scarf around with me at all times
Thank you

Leannekyle0310 wrote:

Thanks Ali!
Much appreciated
Will I be told when I need to cover my hair? I understand I need to carry a scarf around with me at all times
Thank you

Scarf is obligatory. But you have to wear an "abaya" over your usual attire. You are okay within the airport limits however you could put it on before you leave with your chauffeur.

corrected*

Leannekyle0310, it's probably a good idea to be more careful when you first get here, then see where you can relax once you're more familiar with the place. Some cities are more conservative, some areas of cities are, some malls are more easy going and you'll see lots of women without their hair covered in them. Err on the side of caution at first, cover up everything and don't take any chances, until you find out where you're okay to act more western.