Entering western compounds as a visitor?

Is it allowed? If so, is there a certain procedure I must go through first in order to enter?
I used to visit a friend who lived in Al Hamra compound a whole lot, but recently stopped going given the fact that he moved. So I was wondering if I could still enter there as a visitor
(knowing no one living there)?

Why not you give it a try and let us all know.  :)

I don't think they will let you in unless you know someone...or the administration.

I believe that you need to know someone to sign in for you.

That's the procedure followed at Fal.

Regards,

That's unfortunate :(

I'll let you know if & when I do ;)

mugh.maha wrote:

Is it allowed? If so, is there a certain procedure I must go through first in order to enter?
I used to visit a friend who lived in Al Hamra compound a whole lot, but recently stopped going given the fact that he moved. So I was wondering if I could still enter there as a visitor

Well there are some ways to enter in different compounds if you dont know any1 their ..
You need to pay and get the access but this is in only few compounds ..

Cheers

rehanilyas00 wrote:
mugh.maha wrote:

Well there are some ways to enter in different compounds if you dont know any1 their ..
You need to pay and get the access but this is in only few compounds ..

Cheers

Care to share which compounds you're referring to?

Hello Friends,

Sorry, I still fail to understand why a lady is interested in finding a way to enter into a compound when she does not know any body there? Please educate me! :whistle:

What's bothering you? It's her private issue. Whether you help or ...

omyelmago wrote:

What's bothering you? It's her private issue. Whether you help or ...

you're not helping either per say, and I wasn't aware that you're a forum moderator?

She might be going in to swim or to use the gym or to play tennis or to get a haircut.

Anyway, no, if you don't know a resident or someone in admin, you cannot enter.  Think of a compound as one house.  If you don't know know someone in a given house, can you enter it?

I suggest making friends with someone in that or any other compound which will serve your purpose for wanting to go in.

Wow , you guys are quick to give your suggestions.  Well technically as being a veteran visitor to compounds  :cool: .I think its mandatory to give in the name of the resident along with your identification  to the security , before you enter.(big and famous compounds)and yes she might be attracted to the amenities or just making a fuss here.
Anyways.
(I just rephrase what other dudes just said)

riazcdki wrote:

Hello Friends,

Sorry, I still fail to understand why a lady is interested in finding a way to enter into a compound when she does not know any body there? Please educate me! :whistle:

Not to sound rude or anything, but there're numerous reasons as to why a lady would be looking for a way to enter a compound of which she knows no one in. This's Riyadh, hardly everyone has a pool & a shishah lounge in their backyard. IF they even have a backyard, that is. Get a clue.

Trapezius wrote:

She might be going in to swim or to use the gym or to play tennis or to get a haircut.

Anyway, no, if you don't know a resident or someone in admin, you cannot enter.  Think of a compound as one house.  If you don't know know someone in a given house, can you enter it?

I suggest making friends with someone in that or any other compound which will serve your purpose for wanting to go in.

Thanks for the info!

Djzubaid wrote:

Wow , you guys are quick to give your suggestions.  Well technically as being a veteran visitor to compounds  :cool: .I think its mandatory to give in the name of the resident along with your identification  to the security , before you enter.(big and famous compounds)and yes she might be attracted to the amenities or just making a fuss here.
Anyways.
(I just rephrase what other dudes just said)

Thank you (:

Hello Friends,

Humour apart,

Allowing an outsider into a compound ( invited or un invited) has been an issue in Saudi. I discovered the problems when I was asked by my employer to extend help  to  'the management committee' of a famous compound in Al-Khobar where we all lived as employees of a large computer company.

The opinion of most residents from a particular continent was understandable, why would you or your employer spend 100 K plus Riyals for accommodation where your family is not 'comfortable' with gazing looks, and rash driving of people you do not even know?

The other side of the lobby was equally convincing. There were dozens of fellows, couples and families who were   "Positive Contributors" in terms of good swimmers, tennis players, supermarket customers or dinner lovers at the restaurant or coffee shop, the residents looked forward to their company.

Therefore the rule we eventually agreed upon was to allow such 'out siders' unofficially by informing the security staff at the gate to let them in, UNTILL there was a problem or complain with their 'inappropriate behavior'..

So I advise Maha to get her self introduced to a member of management committee of the compound she fancies, I do not see any reason why her 'innocent' request should be turned down. ;)

Well Riyaz has spoken up , :top:

Hi Friends,

Fal has sheesha and good restaurant- any one wanna visit is welcome- just pm me for prior approvals from the compound management.

cheers

vijith732 wrote:

Hi Friends,

Fal has sheesha and good restaurant- any one wanna visit is welcome- just pm me for prior approvals from the compound management.

cheers

Thank you, that's very kind of you.

Welcome Madam.

Regards,

vijith732 wrote:

Hi Friends,

cheers

It's very kind from you,
If I want to visit Fal with my wife and my two little angels, would we be welcomed?!   :)
What social activities can we find inside?
Any cinema as example?! I miss cinemas   :(

I would like to share incident with a Pakistani  friend . In jan 2014 She saw some ad on expatriate website for the party updates and American Teacher named Ray Robert  added her in the list and invited her family and friends through mail and kept them waiting for weeks and twice canceled on eleventh hour , like when they canceled their other invitations but then again he invited them 2 weeks back and this time it got worst . before 2 days of party, he mailed, I can't invite u guys because u r not westerners and somehow generalized that westerners are better people than Pakistani or Indians and when my friend mailed him back that how can u do that , she is not someone who has never been to party , she has lived in Sweden for years and this is not first compound party for her , so he kinda changed his mind and invited her but canceled her other Pakistani friends and did not inform them either , they kept waiting till last day and when my friend sent his mail again , he said its not my issue , its compounds policy , they don't want indian & Pakistani but u can come and ask your friends to join to i will handle it. So when she was leaving she received his mail , tell your friends to join , its not a problem so her friends were on the way too . Now , my friend was too excited and spent hours to get ready and still reached on time and to her shock , her name was not even on list , she called Mr Ray around 10 times but he was not receiving call though he was receiving calls of others , she sent him whatsapp msg , which he was checking but not replying . The Compound named Palm had two Syrian managers who came at the gate and and when she requested them to send Mr Ray Roberts at the gate , he refused that even if Ray ask they won't  allow  my friends to the party because our western crowd do not like to see Pakistanis around and i m surprised how could Robert invite you guys being Pakistanis . My friend and her husband are very educated , up to date and humble in nature and they had a friend with him who was feeling insulted but was quite and controlling his emotions .  Gate staff was upset too and told them its not fair , u guys were confirmed by organizer and yet they behaved so badly , they even showed a list which had pakistani , indian and sudani nationalities and had big cross & written CANCEL on it , anyways she tried to convinced them but then left . They came to our home later and told us the whole story , their friend was furious and was about to call his Saudi friend who has good references in Haya and Police and wanted to inform about the party but we stopped him and told him not to "Be a bad example"
I was also invited in the party but then i did not received the final confirmation so i didn't go but i sent him message that its very disappointing behavior of yours and u r a bad example. I was shocked with their Racist comments .

Sad to hear someone having such an experience, no problems at Fal though - I just need 3-4 days prior info on the guests.

vijith732 wrote:

Sad to hear someone having such an experience, no problems at Fal though - I just need 3-4 days prior info on the guests.

Yes, i have been to Fal few times for sheesha or Football matches , did not face anything like this ever

I am sure that Al Nakhla compound where I work will be hard to beat in terms of facilities

www.alnakhla-sa.com:D:D:D

That is so un fair what was done. Forget about being rejected, but the part where they knew all was alright and was ready to rumble then to there disappointment it cancels in a very bad way just in the end.

I'm very sorry they didn't let you come to tbe party, and I'm sure they guy "ray rice" is a very bad and naughty man, but calling the police will not make them want to invite you in the future...

Yeah it was horrible but reason was worse actually , Its about my friend not me . Actually i felt bad because i m the one who referred him to them and insisted them to go and Douglas , why u think anyone would ever like to get invitation from someone racist like him .

I go to Seder Village parties - just great stuff for the price we have to pay. :D:D:top:

vijith732 wrote:

I go to Seder Village parties - just great stuff for the price we have to pay. :D:D:top:

No no,now you are just being selfish  :mad:

I had informed earlier that any one who wanna visit can contact me. it was a DJ party for SAR 110 with unlimited food.

Now I am waiting for the next one in Seder.

They have  Thursday nights every week- restricted only to food from different country- Last Thursday was English Night.

before that there was Indian night.

have to check this coming Thursday whats gonna be the case.

Hi all,

Seder village has a party on the 31st of october.

cheers

Hi! Can you hook me in Vijith? Thanks 😊

Dear mr
If I want come
What should i do ?

Hi all,

Now I am at Arabian Homes compound.

Regards,

Barbecue party in one of the western compound this friday - Anyone interested please PM ASAP.

Where the Barty AT ?

At the Bool.