Tips on International School selection in HCM city

Hi all,

My name is Tracy, currently living in Hochiminh city. I have a 2 year old son and want to find a good international school for him from now. Could you please advise and share with me your experience how to select a good International school in Hochiminh city? which one do you prefer? whether any school with good quality (means its program can be considered as western standard with qualification teachers) has a reasonable tuition fee around usd 5000-8000 per year? or any school has finacial support scheme to parents?

Thank you so much in advance.

Not the answer your looking for perhaps, but for me home schooling is far far better. It can be done for a fraction of the cost of the poor education you will receive at an international school. If your interested look up ACE. Fantastic program! I home schooled all my children through them.

has a reasonable tuition fee around usd 5000-8000 per year

We don't have international 'schools' here in HCM, or VN, ot is better described as an 'international school industry'.
Even Montessori starts at USD$11,000++ per school year.

I am part of a team that surveys this industry annually and I get absolutely disgusted with the strategies they use to extract money from parents.

Application fees, application examination fees, admission fees, uniform fees, book fees, transportation fees, sports fees, food fees, etc., etc. Then some even have building fund fees where you get to pay for the school buildings!

But at two years old, why do you need a 'Western Standard'?

Since you say which quan/district you live in, wander around and check out your area. Ask Vietnamese who look 'middle class'. Go to banks and seek out likely-looking mothers and ask what they do/go.

You would be doing junior a favour if you put the little tike in to a Vietnamese language school so he is bilingual by the time he reaches five years.

Hi Jaitch, thanks for your information. Do you know about AmIS (ais.edu.vn) and EISHCMC school (eishcmc.com), could you please share with me? thanks.