Daily trend of traffic jam in Kuwait

I'm an engineer offered in Kuwait company located in Mangaf. Currently, I'm under work visa processing and will get it next month. Now, I am a father of two, 6 years of son and 3 years of daughter and they will be registered in American or British English School. I heard that these good English schools are mostly located near Kuwait City.

Regarding to the residing area, I want to consider the daily traffic jam, especially in morning and work end time (4~6 pm). Is that mainly South to North? or North to South? or Both? Considering that, I would like to consider which area is the best  for my wife and babies to go to school and for me to go to my company.

Your advises will be highly appreciated.

My understanding is that most of the traffic heads north in the morning and south in the afternoon. However if you are heading to any of the popular schools in the morning, *everyone* is going there so there is no way to avoid it. It is not that bad compared to other metropolitan cities out there.

china had a traffic jam that lasted for days, fyi :S

Thanks very much for your advises.

I heard that English school in Fahaheel and Cambridge school located in Mangaf are
less  in their reputation and parents' preferences than English schools near Salwa or Salmiya. Could you give me more advises on that?

And, therefore, we are going to rent a house near salwa and I will commute to mangaf everyday. According to google map, it takes around 30~40 min. to get there
in the morning. Is there any unpredicted problems?

that is correct; if you want english schools, your best bet is the following:

1) The English School (Salmiya)
2) New English School (Jabriya)
3) Kuwait English School (Salwa)

top 3. TES only goes up to year 8 tho, however the majority are British expats.

there is a sticky on the forum regarding schools in Kuwait, have a gander at it.

Juniorsix wrote:

And, therefore, we are going to rent a house near salwa and I will commute to mangaf everyday. According to google map, it takes around 30~40 min. to get there
in the morning. Is there any unpredicted problems?

No, there are just very predictable daily accidents.