Travelling to Philippines ... need help

Hello :)

I am here because I am planning for a vacation to Philippines by the end of September/1st week of October 2014.. I am doing my home work on all the travel and stuff.. I have only 5days in Philippines and then to Vietnam .. What would you recommend/suggest me about your country .. Also, it will be great if you could help me plan my trip in and around your country considering my days ... Hope you will help me and write me soon :) .. Thank youuuu :)

Cheers!!!
MITZ

Hi, well that depends on what you want to do.  If you like beaches, then go to Boracay- it has a beautiful crystal water similar to Maldives but pretty busy.  You could buy your plane ticket -(www.cebupacific.com or www.zest.com from Manila to Caticlan) on the day to fly the next day but you may pay a bit extra.  If you just want to explore the city, then Manila but beware of thieves everywhere.  Watch out and NEVER bring valuables i.e.: rings necklace.  NEVER bring your passport with you just in case.  Philippines is a very busy and crowded country especially in Manila.  Guess wherever you go, there will always be thieves right and Philippines is no angel.  Makati is very safe, very guarded.  Clean and orderly, nightlife just chilling, you can go to Greenbelt 4 I think, but beware of prostitutes and transvestites. I don't mean to scare you but that's the truth.  Philippines hasn't got much old architectures and unfortunately, you have to go out of Manila to see beautiful sceneries.  Try to book your hotel in Makati, close to restaurants and bars and it is a very safe city compare to elsewhere, however, food is very cheap...you can eat at a very expensive restaurant for £10.  Let me know if you still need more assistance :)
Good luck...safe holiday.

Hi Mitz,

Please note that your topic is now on the Philippines forum for more visibility.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Oh,
what will you do in Vietnam, and where?
I (with some friends) will be in Hanoi, Vietnam starting Sep 26 until Oct 5.

pipsfernandez wrote:

Hi, well that depends on what you want to do.  If you like beaches, then go to Boracay- it has a beautiful crystal water similar to Maldives but pretty busy.  You could buy your plane ticket -(www.cebupacific.com or www.zest.com from Manila to Caticlan) on the day to fly the next day but you may pay a bit extra.  If you just want to explore the city, then Manila but beware of thieves everywhere.  Watch out and NEVER bring valuables i.e.: rings necklace.  NEVER bring your passport with you just in case.  Philippines is a very busy and crowded country especially in Manila.  Guess wherever you go, there will always be thieves right and Philippines is no angel.  Makati is very safe, very guarded.  Clean and orderly, nightlife just chilling, you can go to Greenbelt 4 I think, but beware of prostitutes and transvestites. I don't mean to scare you but that's the truth.  Philippines hasn't got much old architectures and unfortunately, you have to go out of Manila to see beautiful sceneries.  Try to book your hotel in Makati, close to restaurants and bars and it is a very safe city compare to elsewhere, however, food is very cheap...you can eat at a very expensive restaurant for £10.  Let me know if you still need more assistance :)
Good luck...safe holiday.

pips -need to check info before posting   -none of those website would be of any use   this is cebu pacific https://www.cebupacificair.com/   and zest are now part of airasia     http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/home.page    of those two -only cebu pacific fly to caticlan ,airasia /zest air fly to kalibo   -i presume would need passport  for check in at airport etc   ,whats there to be wary of with prostitues and transvestites ?  they are all over the world   ,makati can be as dangerous as anywhere else if you do the wrong things /meet bad people    .

Gosh, keep your knickers on...I gather you are filipina/filipino....hey we're kababayan, if NOT, so what if I got it wrong, what important is that foreigners needs to be cautious.  Zest or cebu pacific, whether they exist or not is irrelevant, surely travellers have common sense, and will do their own homework, I just provided few guidelines.  Don't be arrogant and don't behave like you know all this and that.  By the way, so what if I gave too much info about the people around Makati, it's the truth, there's nothing wrong with that so please don't take it too personal.
For the record, you said exactly the same thing I did...so how about read and think before posting too.

Hi All - lets calm down please  :cheers:

hahaha...oh I'm calm :) no worries-peace :):top:

Hi everybody,

Please note that some posts (insults ) have been removed from this topic.

Let's concentrate on the topic now, which is "travelling to Philippines ... need help" and let us try to help the initiator here. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

hi, u going alone ?
Even I am also planning to travel philippines
how much your TKT cost , can u pls. let me know full itinerary and how much u think the expenses for full trip including air tkts.
brother, if u can postpone your trip than i am happy to join u in month of feb 2015.
pls. reply, looking forward for some information from u which can help me.
cheers !!!

if you are planning to visit the Philippines, please do consider Cebu. it is in the south part of the Philippines and home to most of the BPOs. I can help you though with accommodation. i have 1 bedroom unit with balcony, 24.96 square meter, harbour view. Our unit is affordable compare to staying in a hotel and it is available on the date that you mentioned. There's a lot of things you can do to enjoy your visit but I would recoomend to visit the country duringm summer and when there are fiesta or festival being celebrated in a local area. Cebu the other hand is more frequented during summers and Sinulog Celebration on the 3rd sunday of January. Philippines is usually rainy during this time of the year, so you visit might be spoiled a little.

mithunht wrote:

Hello :)

I am here because I am planning for a vacation to Philippines by the end of September/1st week of October 2014.. I am doing my home work on all the travel and stuff.. I have only 5days in Philippines and then to Vietnam .. What would you recommend/suggest me about your country .. Also, it will be great if you could help me plan my trip in and around your country considering my days ... Hope you will help me and write me soon :) .. Thank youuuu :)

Cheers!!!
MITZ

Hello Mitz,
Considering the number of days that you will only be here, I suggest that you visit Puerto Prinsesa, Palawan and El Nido, Palawan. From Manila you need to book a ticket going to Puerto Prinsesa then you can stay in Puerto Prinsesa for two days then in the evening travel to El Nido because EL Nido is 6 hours drive from Puerto Prinsesa, it is far but the view is expectacular.  You can stay there for two days then plan your trip back to Manila. Next time, if you wanna see more of Philippines I suggest that you stay for two weeks. I consider Palawan as my Paradise. Your five days is just enough to visit Palawan. When you reach in El Nido try to rent a motor bike and go to Nacpan beach it is just an hour away  I spent my 3 nights solocamping at Nacpan Beach. It is actually a twin beach. I won't be talking much about the place. I want you to see it by yourself. Other places worth visiting are Siquijor, Dumaguete, Cebu, Gen San and Cagayan Valley, Babuyan Islands. Try to contact me on summer I might be away again exploring my country. I love my country and I will never get tired of talking about it. Ciao! Goodluck on your trip! Most of the Filipinos are friendly so don't worry. :)

its amazing how many people become members when theres a person who says they are thinking about traveling to the Philippines and needs help finding a place to rent. 
people be aware that if I can come here and find my own home to rent.. and plan my own sight seeing tours, then anyone can.. no need to hire a realtor or a guide..

I agree, Palawan is awesome! I like Bohol as well and although I was there before the Earthquake I enjoyed it more than Boracay.

well you can try here for your Vietnam Flight      http://www.airasia.com/au/en/cheap-flights/vietnam.page
and places to stay world wide you can try here        https://www.airbnb.co.uk
Manila is safe ! ..........same as London and New York ..............you have to be street wise any where in the world
i would say you need to keep your travel plans open i have traveled the world and i never book everything that's when things go wrong............in all honesty i have not tried this out yet but their flights are very cheap !! http://www.forextraveluk.com/  ...............flights to Manila seem to cost a lot it may pay you to have a few days in Bangkok and get a cheaper fight and take in two cities for the same cost