Looking for position as executive chef or chef tournant in Bali

Hi - i'm continental trained - specializing in english cuisine.
Worked at Hilton chain, part of Queen E world tour crew, ran my own restaurant and was a consultant for a few years.
Would love to continue my adventure in Bali next.

Any tips or leads would be greatly appreciated!! :-)

Thanks
Vernon

One need to be specialized in English cuisine ?? So far I only know fish and chips  :thanks:

Just joking.....

Best would be to contact the International hotels, some do have foreign chefs employed so they are eligible to hire you if they can afford it and a position is available.

You will need to have a work permit sponsored by a local company to legally work in here so smaller private owned restaurants may not be an option.

Hello Vernon

I invite you to place an advert in the Chef job offers in Bali so as to increase your chances to get an interesting proposal in Bali.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

To work in Indonesia, you must have a work permit and KITAS (Visa).
These are expensive, so you'll need to prove to the restaurant you're worth it.
The restaurant will have to prove you can do a job that a local is unable to do, or you won't get the work permit.

In Bali, executive chef positions for foreigners are pretty much limited to the top 5 star resort chains like Four Seasons, Hilton, Aman Resorts, etc.  Given your credentials you should have a decent shot should one of those positions open up, and you should already know how to get your name on the "head hunter's list."

I LIKE TO JOIN..

Ubudian wrote:

In Bali, executive chef positions for foreigners are pretty much limited to the top 5 star resort chains like Four Seasons, Hilton, Aman Resorts, etc.  Given your credentials you should have a decent shot should one of those positions open up, and you should already know how to get your name on the "head hunter's list."

aminlossar wrote:

I LIKE TO JOIN..

Join what ??

That which is apart.

Being specialized in Asian cuisine would probably be more useful.

happyhour wrote:
aminlossar wrote:

I LIKE TO JOIN..

Join what ??

He wants to work as a chef in Indonesia, but has no special skill that is unavailable here, so his chances are slim to none.