No electricity...

Just to show how "great" the utility companies are here, since Saturday 2 PM we're without electricity. A tropical wave passed the island and some rain and a little wind was enough to put almost 30,000 households without power.
Now one would expect that  this could be fixed relatively fast because most outages were caused by trees touching power lines but now the union is striking for more, whatever more they want this time.
We burnt 8 gallons of gas in the gen set today to keep our fridge and freezer and those of my wife's aunt who lives across the street up and running.
Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Gotta love this island..

Sorry to hear that, Gary. Just left PR myself and suffered many long blackouts in the Cupey area over a near-two month period. They need to privatize AEE!

My wife was in Mayaguez last week. Pr has been experiencing a dry spell recently and everybody had water. After the storm went through the water went out where she was staying. Go figure. I'm not anti union but a lot of these unions on the island have gone way too far with their demands. They have a stranglehold on the island and are a big contributor to the island's financial woes, along with rampant government corruption and a bloated overpaid government work force.

Oh, no, I'm sorry to hear that, Gary!  I hope you get your power back soon.  Take care and bless~

Still no power, the #$%#@ union is still on strike.
To make things worse my generator died. O.K. it served me pretty good for like 12 years but today was not the right day to die.

Anyway, I got me a brand new generator, a little more power and a little more quiet than the old one.

I wasn't the only one shopping for a generator today...

Sorry Gary about no power. Thank God, we haven't lost it yet for more than 5 mins. After the storm, we did lose water for 1 day
LuckilyI always keep bottles of water in the fridge and we began using the water tank so I could wash dishes and for showers
I understand the problem that exists here and people just are told that it is tegular practice and they just have to deal with it

When I asked my neighbor, if she had
water, she said no and not to expect before the next day and she said that we
have been lucky that it hasn't gone more