Yogyakarta (Jogjakarta) - Rent a place for 1-2 months

Hello all,

I am planning to go to Yogya for a couple of months to learn bahasa indonesia and also enjoy myself a bit. I know that airbnb is the best option for short stays but usually doesn't offer great rates for longer stays.

I've been told that there  is something called 'kos-kosan' which will probably be a lot cheaper than AirBnB, and as an example I've found the site www.infokost.net.

However since my bahasa indo language skills are very basic for now I have a hard time using this site. Does any of you have any alternative option ? My budget is between 8 and 12 juta per month

Thank you very much for your time.

Try and look at:

www.rumah123.com

Also English version available.

I believe with your budget it should not be difficult to find a nice place in Yogyakarta.

Good luck

Hi Happy,

Thank you very much for the quick answer. However, like the sites I've found, the offers concern only for daily rentals or yearly ones. I cannot find any monthly one.

Do you have an idea on how I should proceed ?

Thank you again for your help

Hi Sammy,

It will not harm if you still contact one or the other even though they ask for 1 year upfront,  it does not always mean that the terms are non negotiable.

Your intention is to stay there a couple of months so for them it might be of interest knowing that someone take it for let's say 3-4 months instead of leaving the property empty.

I don't know the property market in Yogyakarta but here in Jakarta you can find places to rent for short time.

Hi Happy,

I will definitely try to contact the various posters on rumah, guess there's a chance it could work. Would I need to ask them for a contract or something official before paying ?

Thank you

SammyDee wrote:

Hi Happy,

I will definitely try to contact the various posters on rumah, guess there's a chance it could work. Would I need to ask them for a contract or something official before paying ?

Thank you

Of course you should have a contract, do not make any advance payments without having something in writing.

hi there!

so sammy dee do you find it ?
i plan to come this month and i also look for place for 1 or 2 month rent

can got some advise from ur experience there ?

regards

Hi post is 1 year old.....

yeah i know that why i think he got the experience of this place
may be good to get some right advise for staying there

but thx to tell me