Taking over car instalments

Hi all,

We considering releasing ourselves from our cars contract. What is the best way to go about doing it?
If we have someone take over our instalments, should we expect anything from the person or do we hand it over without any money from that persons side?

Any advice would be appreciated

Princess MA wrote:

If we have someone take over our installments, should we expect anything from the person or do we hand it over without any money from that persons side?

Any advice would be appreciated

Why would you NOT expect any payments from the person who takes over?

Say the deal was 100K and you've paid 30K out of it. Let the new guy pay you back an appropriate amount.

- Do consider that new cars depreciate drastically in the first 3 years. I suggest sorting out the current value of the car.
- The leasing companies/banks do charge a considerable transfer fee. Someone has to pay it (you or the new buyer).
- You may offer a good discount on the (presumed above) 30K for sake of attracting buyers.
- Do leave some space/buffer for forth-coming negotiation. Everyone does.

By the way, what car is it?

Hi,

i am also looking to buy a used car. A Small car is sufficient for me. is there anyone who would like to see the car on installment only.

akavishu wrote:

Hi,

i am also looking to buy a used car. A Small car is sufficient for me. is there anyone who would like to see the car on installment only.

it should be on installment in personal not by bank.

It's a black 2013 chev Tahoe 4x4

Hi,

You may post to sell on expatriates with (down payment + ( installment X no. of months paid) + balloon payment).

Add a reasonable depreciation on what you have already paid and sell to best offer.

br,