Amazing ocean view lotes!

VeryRedNeck wrote:

If I were you, I will be calling this farmer and advice him about his over priced land and show him this other places that are for sale. Also, please write down the dates for him because he is in his 70s and might forget (as Im forgetfull about dates and so many other little things).

But the farmer is not here trying to sell us his land.

You are.

VeryRedNeck wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Not worth arguing with you. Check your original post and you can see the inconsistencies as the thread went on

There is not inconsistencies.
If you find one, point it and I clear it.

Well, look on the bright side. I found your inconsistencies, and now you can clear them. Here I was thinking I did you a favor. Oh well, your not the first girl I've ever pissed off, and you won't be the last.

By the way, you give me far too much credit. Only took me about 10 minutes to find, and uncover your lies. Could play it up, and tell everyone how many long exhausting hours I spent to expose you, but fact of the matter is I didn't. Your just not a very good liar.

gardener1 wrote:
VeryRedNeck wrote:

If I were you, I will be calling this farmer and advice him about his over priced land and show him this other places that are for sale. Also, please write down the dates for him because he is in his 70s and might forget (as Im forgetfull about dates and so many other little things).

But the farmer is not here trying to sell us his land.

You are.

You funny little kitten!

j600rr wrote:
VeryRedNeck wrote:
suefrankdahl wrote:

Not worth arguing with you. Check your original post and you can see the inconsistencies as the thread went on

There is not inconsistencies.
If you find one, point it and I clear it.

Well, look on the bright side. I found your inconsistencies, and now you can clear them. Here I was thinking I did you a favor. Oh well, your not the first girl I've ever pissed off, and you won't be the last.

By the way, you give me far too much credit. Only took me about 10 minutes to find, and uncover your lies. Could play it up, and tell everyone how many long exhausting hours I spent to expose you, but fact of the matter is I didn't. Your just not a very good liar.

Where is the lie?
The land is for sale. There is a farmer. There is a bunch of children.
Im not good liar because Im not.

Btw, your opinion its worthless to me.

VeryRedNeck wrote:

Lucky for me then I'm not looking for your acceptance of my opinion. Sorry if gave you the impression you are of any relevance to me.

This argument is getting pointless, and quite frankly am getting bored of you. Best of luck to you, and your future neighbors, sure there gonna love having you around.

Of course I care that other people on this Forum (mostly North Americans) might be talked into buying overpriced land without sufficient infrastructure at this point to support housing. Thanks J600 for posting the listing with photos. Don't know what SA farms look like and can't see any fruit trees that redneck mentioned on 8/24.. It would seem that with that much wind (hill of the winds) it would be tough to grow fruits and vegetables and that tropical fruit trees couldn't handle that much either . So maybe the paradise he describes might look a little different. You can grow  wine grapes on hillsides which can handle some wind but probably not salt air. I dunno.

The answer to the original question about water was that HE  could build a cistern . And then on August 25th the answer to my question about electricity, water and sewage was that the municipality didn't deal with that. It would be the problem of whoever bought the land and was foolish enough not to consider the expense, effort and energy it would take to make that happen. And the absurdity of 12 people doing the same. MariaPia who has her own blog (and is Ecuadorian)  bought land in P. Lopez found it  impossible to find builders knowledgeable enough to build a house for her or that would give her a straight answer about what they could or could not do. Don't know if she gave up. The last post I saw she was back in Cuenca.

You also stated that everyone in P. Lopez had septic tanks which is a flat out misrepresentation of the facts though I'd really like to use the three letter word for the same. I've never been there, don't have boots on the  ground but other posters who have been there reported that there were open sewage canals.

As far as the discrepancy in the dates J6600 mentioned maybe the "farmer" wants to cover all his bases and either sell the entire parcel to a developer with money and not get his asking price or piecemeal  to individuals. Must say the views are breathtaking , would remain unobstructed. So convenient for prospective buyers to give out your Skype and cell numbers. Guess you could show up from wherever you are to show this property and represent this poor old farmer with a bad memory.. I kinda liked the beachfront property better, so I'm biased.

All that effort on my part telling redneck (he?she?) they were full of s.... and I could have just said liar like you did. The whole farm thing. I dunno never been there.  :/  Only know how to grow flowers. Maybe this thread could be closed "for analysis" like the crime thread

suefrankdahl wrote:

All that effort on my part telling redneck (he?she?) they were full of s.... and I could have just said liar like you did. The whole farm thing. I dunno never been there.  :/  Only know how to grow flowers. Maybe this thread could be closed "for analysis" like the crime thread

Lol. who knows maybe they'll ban me for hurting someone's feelings. Think if anyone has read my posts from not only this thread, but other threads they'd see I'm usually pretty diplomatic. Perhaps opinionated, and wrong at times, but try to be logical and considerate, but sometimes enough is enough, and not going to hold my tongue with this obvious b.s.

My diplomatic skills lot more elementary than yours. Only been moderated a few times. Just like to shoot from the hip I guess. Like I said from the start this thing was small potatoes compared to projects like Las Olas. Maybe they can be exposed as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe we can put them out of business too. We just love "transparency" here in the states :lol:

Hello all

We are not going to close down the thread for now, but expect that you all could just stop this quarrel. We sure are going to investigate more on that said lotes so as to prevent members to get their nose into something fishy.

VeryRedNeck came with a project, those who do not wish to adhere to the project, can just simply stop commenting on this thread.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

kenjee wrote:

Hello all

We are not going to close down the thread for now, but expect that you all could just stop this quarrel. We sure are going to investigate more on that said lotes so as to prevent members to get their nose into something fishy.

VeryRedNeck came with a project, those who do not wish to adhere to the project, can just simply stop commenting on this thread.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

The matter is quite simple. There should be 12 titled lots in 12 different names, or perhaps the gentleman farmer kept the land in his name. Either way, there still needs to be proof that the 12 lots all have separate and clean titles.
If so, then the land is legitimate.

And I like being called a "funny little kitten". Made my day actually.

This is why the thread should remain open. Kittens.

j600rr wrote:
VeryRedNeck wrote:

Lucky for me then I'm not looking for your acceptance of my opinion. Sorry if gave you the impression you are of any relevance to me.

This argument is getting pointless, and quite frankly am getting bored of you. Best of luck to you, and your future neighbors, sure there gonna love having you around.

Feeling the same way.

suefrankdahl wrote:

Of course I care that other people on this Forum (mostly North Americans) might be talked into buying overpriced land without sufficient infrastructure at this point to support housing. Thanks J600 for posting the listing with photos. Don't know what SA farms look like and can't see any fruit trees that redneck mentioned on 8/24.. It would seem that with that much wind (hill of the winds) it would be tough to grow fruits and vegetables and that tropical fruit trees couldn't handle that much either . So maybe the paradise he describes might look a little different. You can grow  wine grapes on hillsides which can handle some wind but probably not salt air. I dunno.

The answer to the original question about water was that HE  could build a cistern . And then on August 25th the answer to my question about electricity, water and sewage was that the municipality didn't deal with that. It would be the problem of whoever bought the land and was foolish enough not to consider the expense, effort and energy it would take to make that happen. And the absurdity of 12 people doing the same. MariaPia who has her own blog (and is Ecuadorian)  bought land in P. Lopez found it  impossible to find builders knowledgeable enough to build a house for her or that would give her a straight answer about what they could or could not do. Don't know if she gave up. The last post I saw she was back in Cuenca.

You also stated that everyone in P. Lopez had septic tanks which is a flat out misrepresentation of the facts though I'd really like to use the three letter word for the same. I've never been there, don't have boots on the  ground but other posters who have been there reported that there were open sewage canals.

As far as the discrepancy in the dates J6600 mentioned maybe the "farmer" wants to cover all his bases and either sell the entire parcel to a developer with money and not get his asking price or piecemeal  to individuals. Must say the views are breathtaking , would remain unobstructed. So convenient for prospective buyers to give out your Skype and cell numbers. Guess you could show up from wherever you are to show this property and represent this poor old farmer with a bad memory.. I kinda liked the beachfront property better, so I'm biased.

Sue,
Dont make a fool of yourself please..
You dont know anything about Ecuador, but insist on pretending that you do.
Dont you know that watermelons are seasonal? Of course not, you dont know anything about Ecuador andits produce!!
Not fruits on the land because there is not season! Plus, its not a farm anymore!
So, you pretend to teach a farm how to grow fruits? He have been doing it for decades!

Why I should mention who bought what and when? Of course there is neighboors around the land!!

MariaPia was looking for a SCIP panels builder found some people and decided to go for the brick house.
Why do you care about whas she does?
If you look at her blog you can see that the house is in process and (of course you dont know) concrete houses need water to be build. So, how do you think the builder is getting the water? From a genie in a bottle?

Seweage is not available in this town. If some people want to leave black water open, its not my bussines and dont want to be close to those areas.
So, do you want me to go talk to these people and be the ugly gringo and try to teach them how to build septick syst?

What the farmer wnats to do with his land is his bussines. Not mine, not yours. You think is overpriced, he does not.
So, you want to argue with him or want me to argue with him?

You guys are making no sense.

btw, j600rr no one is obligate to show you any paperwork. When a person comes over and has real interest on the land, the farmer will come up with all the paperwork like he did to 4 other people.

The farmer sold us the land we wanted and due to my previous career in Real Estate sales, my wife and I are his contact for english speaking as well as spanish .  Some of you have many questions and some are just skeptics, but those who are serious, we have put our money here and will be here to answer all questions as we have info.  If we cant honestly answer your concern, we will make the effort to provide  you with verifiable facts, or will advise you to seek info elsewhere.  .  BTW, if anyone needs a reference, please ask, as we have many.  Thanks and have a great day, chao!

jr600. As the husband of redneck, I am very offended about your calling my wife a liar as she may not speak english as well as some and maybe her statements are taken out of context, but liar she is not.  The facts she states are truth!  We are here to enjoy life and make friends and especially are concerned with whoever becomes our neighbor on the hill of winds.  The fact is, we do NOT need more money as we have been blessed with all we need and enjoy life here.  If anyone doubts this offer, please pass us by or do your due diligence and make a decision .  This name calling is BS and I will not have an ignorant of the facts defame my precious wife when they are rude and nasty.   If you are serious look me up.  Thanks

Well sue, you just gave away your MO. You are not serious about a land purchase but drama maybe?     We are workiing on our personal lot and there is no "project" just land for sale and since  I own the power lines,and  transformer on the Hill with a 50kv capacity, any buyer has the option of using the power I have invested almost $10,000 in.  My wife told me that someone said the water trucks couldn't climb our sunami proof hill.........Well, that is a surprise since the building was built of concrete and water is used, so where did it come from if not truck?   Áll you who cant deal with facts please   be quite..  Thank you,

Ok Mahrina dog, shall we let cooler heads prevail, and have a rational conversation? Is that reasonable?
If everything is above board, and is what you say it is then I am more than willing to apologise to your wife.
Perhaps given English is not her first language some things were lost in translation from the original post.
My complaint was/is that she came across as a non biased third party who was interested in possibly buying a piece of land, and would pass along information to the land owner for anyone interested in checking things out. All that is fine, and above board, my problem comes with the fact that obviously you, and her already had bought some land, and already had a vested interest in things. That alone by itself is no problem, just as her helping the land owner out I see no problems with. I think she should have been straight forward from the beginning, and mentioned her vested interest in the whole process.

As for my other comments in regards to this whole topic, if you go through and reread think you will find most of my posts were not particularly knocking anyone. Simply gave advice that anyone interested should do their homework, and make sure all papers and documents, were in order, as the question of red flags were brought up originally from others. Do you disagree with me on advising anyone interested in purchasing a lot to investigate, and be sure everything is legit?

If you look closely enough, you will find another post where I state that am not trying to dissuade anyone from purchasing here, or anywhere in Ecuador. Never pretended to be interested in this land, and as an earlier poster suggested the lots were too small, and priced to high, my only reason for linking other properties was to convey the point that there is more than one piece of land available, and that prices vary. You may very well feel the prices are fair, and others may feel the same. The lots may also be far superior to the properties I linked, and others may feel they are very reasonably priced for the views. Have no desire to convince someone they are not.

No, I am not in Puerto Cayo, and while it is a fair assertion on your part that one should actually be there before passing judgement  I will tell you why am not interested in this land. You can judge for yourself if you think I'm a clueless hick, or know perhaps a little bit of what I am talking about. I am a land guy, I like large acreages of land, preferably with panoramic ocean views, and always purchase lots that have a reliable water source nearby. In simple economic terms, see very little profitability potential with buying a 1200 sq meter lot. Yes, I know Puerto Cayo, Puerto Lopez, Bahia, Olon, etc.,etc., are all going to explode in prices, and people are going to start coming in the bus, plane, and boat load with cash in hand, and make everyone who buys now a millionare. Unfortunately, have been around long enough, and know the realtors, and developers love to promote that myth, but in reality it rarely happens. Yes, sometimes you are in the right place at the right time. In point of fact, the first land I ever bought in Costa Rica exploded in price, so sold it, went up coast bought some more land selling for 80% less than the previous town, and then later got offered a ridiculous price for that land. Unfortunately things like that don't happen often. Just happened to be lucky, and in the right place at the right time. No, I am not particularly a land speculator in that am buying looking to flip, and make a quick buck, but yes of course I'm only buying properties that I think have long term profitability potential.

If I were to come to Puerto Cayo with the intent of buying land, then the first thing I would do is go to the local bars, buy the locals some beers, and strike up a conversation (yes I speak Spanish). Want to find out what's what, and who's who. Once some familiarity and trust is established with the locals, would look at a few areas that I like, and find the owner. Even if is not currently for sale that doesn't mean that some kind of deal can not be made. Cash speaks.

I can go on, and on, and go into even more depth of why I see many potential future problems with not only Puerto Cayo, but many of the smaller coastal towns, but don't really think there is much need to, unless of course you feel there is. This is not my first rodeo, have been around, and seen enough things all through Latin America. Think I have enough real world experience to have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about. If others feel differentely, then that's their right. Purpose of my life is not to convince anyone of anything. Will speak of what I think is relevant. People can either listen to me, or ignore me. Won't lose sleep over it one way or the other.

Now that is where I stand MahindraDog. Can we find a common ground, and be on peaceful terms?

.  This land was sold at the time of the sucre crash and the current owner stole it for the price he od.  Fast forward some decade plus 2 or 3 years and just last year my wife and I spent a month on honeymoon mostly working the areas Salinas to manta and settled in P.Lopez but the education we received from our many hours looking at listing with  her an Ecuadorian , and me the gringo in the shadows.  Most nice 2-4000 sm lots were around 55-70 and we met the seller of our place after a recommendation and struck a deal at his price and when he went to the municipality again the clerks told him he sold too cheap and the current price should be about 45 and that isnt a myth.  As a realtor, the public records of real estate transactions are  truth and not hearsay.  If you need references I have plenty in Cuenca and a few here.  My wife is the blogger, not me so I will get out of this and let those that are looking, look. .  Btw, land is expensive in Cuenca too just look at the many 200 per sm meter small lots.  I lived across from the tennis club and those lots are over 200 now..  Prices are determined by location and demand and as far as bare dirt is concerned there is soil which yields food and nice things and there is dirt that isnt fit for much 
Take care, Chao

I suppose that common ground could be found and reasonable heads prevail now that Mahindradog  has provided us with more information  fortunately in quite comprehensible English. Am very curious why it was not done in the first place.  The first question I raised on this thread was about water, sewer and electricity. Now we know that everyone does not have septic tanks (so would be the responsibility of the purchaser) electricity could be provided, and water would be not so much of a problem. My questions were genuine and indicated the red flags I saw and now more have been raised. Why would your wife be starting this thread given her poor skills with English? Most of the people on the Ecuador Forum are English speaking. You are correct in your assumption that I have no interest in buying land in Ecuador particularly on the coast because of the infrastructure problems there. Unlike yourself would not be willing to put the time, energy and money into overcoming these hurdles. The picture is beautiful, the views are breathtaking and I hope you are able to sell the land (for the farmer) to the right people. As you said you were in real estate sales so it should not be a problem. That you have a vested interest in who it is sold to is understandable.. You have obviously invested a lot of time, energy and money and want the right neighbors

It seems to me that the drama that was created was the way in which this land offering was presented on the Forum. I certainly wouldn't insult you by saying that you were ignorant of what goes on here. You have only made a few posts and maybe don't follow it as I have for over two years now. Hopefully if you are more straightforward you will not arouse so much suspicion and skepticism,  be able to sell the land for the farmer and perhaps make a few dollars for yourself . These kind of things  do  get discussed here on the Forum.J600 is in a better position to speak about prices than I am..

Regarding my MO, if you will, it is simply to warn potential and naïve North American buyers to scams ( and there are many and involving a lot more money) and the impossibility of housing without infrastructure. Many here  have  given up trying to sound alarm bells.. It is like a broken record. It still angers me that it is North Americans for the most part  preying on other North Americans. Some who have spent their whole lifes' savings. Very sad. This thread was very unusual compared to many and that is why you have gotten the response that you have rather than from interested buyers. Those of us who followed the thread likely were just curious and became skeptical and suspicious. At this point your intentions (good neighbors) sound reasonably legitimate but am still baffled how it was presented and why. Many of the projects and real estate offerings are quite slick.

The inconsistencies of course remain and the degree of defensiveness on your part are troubling. That the wife of someone with a background in real estate sales would mispell  lot in a land offering makes me wonder who actually wrote the thread and  why  would your wife  have such a pejorative online name.(very red neck?) Without J600's posting of the real estate buying process in EC you certainly know the importance of a clear deed. No insult intended. Having spent two years on this Forum have certainly learned a lot about Ecuador from the point of view of an American and thru their eyes see the  good and bad things as well.Unfortunately there is virtually no recourse in an Ecuadorian court as in most third world countries and I'm sure you are aware of that too. And frankly the unscrupulous business practices that go on in Ecuador are a huge turn off for me. Maybe you are not hiding a thing but I will certainly not be one of the multitude heading there and getting taken advantage off'. I know very well the MO and motivation of real estate sales people and don't mean to question your integrity but it seems that a lot of unusual effort was put into selling lots and insuring good neighbors.

Am glad to hear that MariaPia did give up her idea of the SCIP system and is building a brick house. Certainly it was none of our business but she is a really nice person, gave a lot of good advice here, and I do think some her North American friends were able to dissuade her from using the SCIP system

And yes I know that watermelons are seasonal, we grow them here in Oregon. Agriculture is the principal industry and almost nothing is grown on the coast .  As I said I don't know much about SA produce or farms except what I've read here.  but maybe that is another thing I could learn here on the EC Forum

Best regards.

Suefrank dahl,
I am sure that whatever I say will be questioned however your point that I must surely be aware of what goes on here is inaccurate.  This post that Pia wrote was the first time I ever read anything here.  It also seems that many here who comment have no idea of the culture, income and family relations in the country as I am fortunate to have married an awesome lady from Ecuador.  She has learned english thru listening and my limited teaching.  As far as her posts are concerned as I said before I have not proof read her post until she asked me to read some comments and I have tried to bring a better understanding to this offer of land.   Those who have seen this property are very impressed with the location away from the noise and other disturbances of peace and tranquility and there are no other available places like this for many KM's near P.L..   If anyone has a question and wants an honest answer please contact me and you will be satisfied with the truth.  No pretenses here, just facts as I sleep well knowing deception has no place in our lives.  Have a great day and take care.
Regards,
Greg and Pia

I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding. I cannot help but be distressed about some of the terrible scams I read about (here on the Ecuador Forum) and there are many  that involve large amounts of money and involve lots of naïve people. Maybe you aren't aware of it. As I said many of the scammers are American I can only speak for myself but your thread immediately raised questions for me because of the less than perfect English and apparently others began to question it for other reasons .. I apologize if I have made any unfair  assumptions. Because most of the people who follow  the Ecuador Forum are English speaking you might have better luck finding buyers from the US or Canada if you started a new thread and  describe this land offering as you have so clearly done in your last few posts rather than proofread what your wife has written. Many of the people who comment are looking to make a comfortable retirement in EC and and are given encouragement or advice from people who have already done so. You are in a unique position to offer insights and make comments about Ecuadorian culture, land income etc.  and I hope you will feel free to do that and put this behind you.

Again please accept my apologies

Sue

Hello all

I think its time we get this thread closed.

@veryredneck : once you have all legitimate documents about the said lotes, you are kindly invited to place your advert in our Land for sale in Ecuador section.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team
[ Topic Closed ]

Closed