Amazing ocean view lotes!

Is there anybody interested on buying lotes on the beach?
I met a farmer in Puerto Lopez wich is located at Manabi province. He has 12 children and hee gave 1200sm lot to each of them. All lotes has ocean view and has nice elevation, wich warantees that no one is going to block the view to no one.

Puerto Lopez is basically a nothing to do town. People seems to be very relax.
The town is dusty, it has a TIA grocery Store and Cruz Azul Pharmacy, it also has a basic gov clinic and they treat everyone without asking any questions or asking for insurance. Since its very basic I think they cant do big procedures, but they can keep one alive until the ambulance gets to a mayor city.

I want to buy a piece of land from this farmer, but also I will love to have nice neighboors, since Im a very quite person.
This land that he has, is in a quite area. Rigth now there is no people living around. A fresh married couple are building on one side of the hill and then no one else.
I saw the new bus station down the hill, but I did not notice any noise from buses, Wich I loved it!
I heard that this mountain its call The Hill of Windws due to the constant ocean breeze. Wich is very nice.
I notice that this mountain has a nice 1m deep black top soil. I will love to have a fruit garden.

I can introduce this farmer to a nice person, hope as quite as me so we can be neighboors.
Btw, he is asking $44 per sm.

Is there water supply to this property? Electricity hookups?

You will need water for your fruit trees.

Yes, there is power line that goes up the hill. If I buy the lote on the very top I will need to install a couple poles for the power line and for water I will need a cistern.

Way too much for a bare land 
60'x60' is not enough for a house

VeryRedNeck wrote:

Yes, there is power line that goes up the hill. If I buy the lote on the very top I will need to install a couple poles for the power line and for water I will need a cistern.

So there's no water. This property is just bare dirt.

Well, sounds like a project for you. Enjoy.

I think if you want a bigger lote, just you buy 2 or 3, depends of what you will like to have.
All lotes are the same price.
I think that when you come and look the coastal towns, you can choose the one that you like the most.
For me, was Puerto Lopez :)

What you mean by "bare dirt"?
As I said: The owner is a farmer, now he decided to give a piece of land, before he dies to his children, wich are 12.
Now, they decided to sell.
And of course is dirt, the land was cover on fruit trees.

Maybe there's reason they want to sell their lots. I would definitely try to find out maybe there are problems with water or sewage or electricity that they don't want to deal with

I appreciate your point suefrank!
Idont know about that. The municipality does not deal with that kind of issues.
The property has power already. Water trucks goes up the hill.
What makes you think they are trying to get rid off the land?

To anyone thinking about taking up the offer of lotes mentioned here, watch out! All my senses say this is a scam in the works....just my thoughts.

pensionado wrote:

To anyone thinking about taking up the offer of lotes mentioned here, watch out! All my senses say this is a scam in the works....just my thoughts.

Don't really think there is going to be much interest from people as long as the sales tag remains at $44 per sq. meter. Is kind of odd that a farmer wants to give land to children, and they have all decided that they want to sell at the very same time. Plus sounds a little odd that is such little land. Many farmers in Latin American countries may not be paper rich, but they have a ton of land. Again, only seems a little odd he would have so little.

Anyone who is interested should do their due diligence, and am sure they'd figure out if legit, or not real quick.

Hmmm, We coming by Porto Lopez in  lateOctober. How can we reach u? We may not have Internet. How about a phone number? gerry

...tenga ciudad, Gerry

pensionado wrote:

...tenga ciudad, Gerry

Think you meant tenga cuidado, or ten cuidado
Translation:Be Careful!!

In English they are SO right ! ! ! ! This sounds like small fish compared to the bigger scams on the coast. After better than two years on this site, I say get a real engineer who has built something on the coast and independent references and keep your money in your pocket.

Vey delicately put j600rr. I guess I would call it a fish story (which is more polite for a bunch of BS) Maybe this will be the end of the thread. Am always on scam patrol :)

it's no problem to take a look since we'll be right there - let's see if the poster responds. I'll report back as to what is what.

There is not scam about this land.
Anyone of the people above are in Ecuador?
Many people talks about what they dont know.
If anyone wants to check the area, can call us 0987328225 or our skype is 678 865 4048

btw, power is install.

each lote 1200m2= 12917ft2
11 lotes same dimmension.
No one in town has seweage system, Everyone uses septick tanks.

We are in process of building couple apts here.
Please give us a call.
skype # 678 865 4048
Movistar cellphone # 0987328225

And who is the we?

You, and the farmer?

You and the farmers kids?

You and a business partner?

Some people may see red flags, because quite simply the story is now completely different from the initial post, and or more than likely the whole story is not being told.

Anyway, as I stated before, all one has to do is their due diligence. If things check out, then they check out. If they don't, then they don't.

If anyone is interested, below is a link I found that shows some of the paper work you should be checking on if you are interested in buying a lot, or any real estate.

http://www.pro-ecuador.com/Ecuador-real … b8yZ0.dpbs

Hi, We are coming thru P. Lopez after Oct 24th. I'll keep your number and give you a call. We look forward to meeting you and seeing what's happening in your new town.

Thanks for posting the link j600rr. A lawyer is critical and they can be less than honest or misrepresent the facts. Many are self interested.so one would want to know if possible who was actually paying them (the most).

j600rr: thanks for that link. It is very thorough and clear. G

Hey guys, let me just say am not trying to dissuade anyone from this land/project here, or anywhere in Ecuador.

Only trying to relay from my experiences of living on and off, and buying land in Latin America for the past 15+ years, is that there is a right way to do it, and a wrong way. If all the paperwork is in order, and are buying from the correct owner, then there is usually no problems. If things aren't in order, and correct, you quite frankly are probably never going to see your money again. Do your homework, put your emotions to the side, never ever use the same lawyer as the developer, or land owner (major conflict of interest), and never buy into all the hype, and promises.

Buying a property, or land can and should be a very safe process, if you take the time, and make sure everything is on the up and up.

Me and my husband and all the dogs that come over to see us.
There is not red flags. If makes you feel better I can send you a video of the property or pics. But, notice that is not my obligation to comply with your requirements.

Thank you for your replay.
There is not project. Is just land that a farmer wants to sell.

We will love to meet with you (and anyone else in need of info, we dont sell info)
Since we have spent some time in this town, now we know some suppliers and people who can do things for us (and other people who the best is just keep distance)
We are building our own paradise because we did not find it anywhere else. So, we want to have our small apt, trees, vegetables,beach, boat, hamocks, dogs, cats,  (not too many of the last..haha) and we want to spent our time in this kind of stuff instead of in town.

Now the story changes again "me and my husband". Have read a lot about the feral dogs in EC so be careful. Good luck to you. Sounds like you plan to create your own little paradise in Puerto Lopez rather than selling lotes(sic).

j600rr wrote:

Hey guys, let me just say am not trying to dissuade anyone from this land/project here, or anywhere in Ecuador.

Only trying to relay from my experiences of living on and off, and buying land in Latin America for the past 15+ years, is that there is a right way to do it, and a wrong way. If all the paperwork is in order, and are buying from the correct owner, then there is usually no problems. If things aren't in order, and correct, you quite frankly are probably never going to see your money again. Do your homework, put your emotions to the side, never ever use the same lawyer as the developer, or land owner (major conflict of interest), and never buy into all the hype, and promises.

Buying a property, or land can and should be a very safe process, if you take the time, and make sure everything is on the up and up.

Well said and  obviously know of what you speak. (Was that Will Shakespeare???) :lol:

suefrankdahl wrote:

Now the story changes again "me and my husband". Have read a lot about the feral dogs in EC so be careful. Good luck to you. Sounds like you plan to create your own little paradise in Puerto Lopez rather than selling lotes(sic).

what is your point?
what history have changed?

suefrankdahl wrote:

btw, what did you said about feral dogs?
When you get here you will be able to comment about Ecuador or things in Ecuador.
Feral animals dont get close to humans being.

Not worth arguing with you. Check your original post and you can see the inconsistencies as the thread went on

suefrankdahl wrote:

Not worth arguing with you. Check your original post and you can see the inconsistencies as the thread went on

There is not inconsistencies.
If you find one, point it and I clear it.
Now, if you dont know Ecuador, have never been here, dont live here, have not interested in living here.. Why you have to be point on ghosts?

Legit, not legit. Scam, not a scam. I don't know, and don't care. Am only interested if is a good deal, and land is titled or not.  Obviously wouldn't be interested in a tiny over priced lot. By the way here is the link for the land lots, or am I wrong about that veryredneck? By the way the views are nice, but still overpriced.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/terrenos- … -698669453

Here's an add for almost 4x as much land that is selling for less than half the price per sq. meter as the above. Again, pretty nice views, and at half the price per sq. meter. Am sure could probably walk away with that lot for 60-65k.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/hermoso-t … -691950735

Here's an add for a lot right on the beach still going for less than the lots on the first link, and don't think is on the link, but that lot price has been dropped by 5k already. Could probably offer 30 or 35k and walk away with it.

http://casas.trovit.com.ec/index.php/co … pe.1/pop.1

I mean geez, am not even particularly looking for anything in that area, and have already with a quick search found several properties selling for much less per sq. meter. Hell, if I was actually there in town am sure could find even much better deals.

j600rr wrote:

Legit, not legit. Scam, not a scam. I don't know, and don't care. Am only interested if is a good deal, and land is titled or not.  Obviously wouldn't be interested in a tiny over priced lot. By the way here is the link for the land lots, or am I wrong about that veryredneck? By the way the views are nice, but still overpriced.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/terrenos- … -698669453

Here's an add for almost 4x as much land that is selling for less than half the price per sq. meter as the above. Again, pretty nice views, and at half the price per sq. meter. Am sure could probably walk away with that lot for 60-65k.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/hermoso-t … -691950735

Here's an add for a lot right on the beach still going for less than the lots on the first link, and don't think is on the link, but that lot price has been dropped by 5k already. Could probably offer 30 or 35k and walk away with it.

http://casas.trovit.com.ec/index.php/co … pe.1/pop.1

I mean geez, am not even particularly looking for anything in that area, and have already with a quick search found several properties selling for much less per sq. meter. Hell, if I was actually there in town am sure could find even much better deals.

I know the lot that show a green roof house to the rigth, but dont like the area since there is too many people around and they play loud music, the drive way that goes over there goes by very narrow driveways and dont think is safe. Plus, this lote is for sell just now.

The other Puerto Lopez add is mine. I told the owner that Im interested on having quite neighboors and I was going to advertise the lots under reserve for him.

The beach front lot is nice but did not met my expectations. I want to be tsunami proof (at least be the last one on drown)

You know j600rr, Im not here to say the people what I like and what not. I met a farmer who has a bunch of children and what he does with his land is his bussines, not mine.

This land was a 7ha farm. Had very nice watermelons, yuca, corn and many thing that I dont know what they are.
There is not obligation to buy for anyone. Ecuador is a real free country, people can build and live wherever they want (people has responsability for themselves) some people can share goods news and for me this lotes are the best that I have found from Salinas to Manta.

If someone disagree, is ok. Again, Ecuador is a real free country and people can express their opinion.

God bless you. Have a nice day.

As an owner who is almost finished with phase 1 of my project on the hill of winds, I can assure any interested  can own a fine lot of no equal for the money in PL. BTW, the posts sound like internet shoppers who havent had boots on the ground yet.   Good luck hunting, but first walk the ground before you speak. Thanks

It's nothing personal VeryRedNeck, and MahindraDog. Is simply that what VeryRedNeck has been telling us is very inconsistent, which raises suspicions.

MahindraDog, since this sounds like it is your project, and or you have a vested interest in things being successful, then I'd recommend you look at the posts by VeryRedNeck.

The very first post was dated Aug 23rd. Quick synopsis was VeryRedNeck met a farmer with 12 kids, and was interested in buying a lot from him. If you look at posts from today where I gave the links to several properties, you will see VeryRedNeck acknowledged the one add was his/hers and was advertising the lots for the owners. Here is the link, as anyone can see the add was dated August 22nd. 1 day before the original post was made on here. The one lot on the hill was acknowledged by VeryRedNeck as "this lote is for sell just now." Yet look at the dates for when the ad is. August 11th, 11 days before the ad from VeryRedNeck.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/terrenos-cat-410

I'm not saying this land isn't legit, but when the original post is from someone who implies they are looking at a piece of land, which they obviously had already bought, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

j600rr wrote:

It's nothing personal VeryRedNeck, and MahindraDog. Is simply that what VeryRedNeck has been telling us is very inconsistent, which raises suspicions.

MahindraDog, since this sounds like it is your project, and or you have a vested interest in things being successful, then I'd recommend you look at the posts by VeryRedNeck.

The very first post was dated Aug 23rd. Quick synopsis was VeryRedNeck met a farmer with 12 kids, and was interested in buying a lot from him. If you look at posts from today where I gave the links to several properties, you will see VeryRedNeck acknowledged the one add was his/hers and was advertising the lots for the owners. Here is the link, as anyone can see the add was dated August 22nd. 1 day before the original post was made on here. The one lot on the hill was acknowledged by VeryRedNeck as "this lote is for sell just now." Yet look at the dates for when the ad is. August 11th, 11 days before the ad from VeryRedNeck.

http://puertolopez.olx.com.ec/terrenos-cat-410

I'm not saying this land isn't legit, but when the original post is from someone who implies they are looking at a piece of land, which they obviously had already bought, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

j600rr You should be proud of your memory and skills to trace info that you dont care about (As you said you have no interest on investing in Puerto Lopez)

I have my own father (and he is not around here), dont need an extra father to tell me when to buy anything or when to help people or when to meet people or when to post info or when etc etc etc (many etc that might you dont care about) That years are over for me.

Incosistent information?
Accord to a person who does not care about this thread or this post or any of the ads that tries to sell land. Have you been in P.Lopez?

If I were you, I will be calling this farmer and advice him about his over priced land and show him this other places that are for sale. Also, please write down the dates for him because he is in his 70s and might forget (as Im forgetfull about dates and so many other little things)

BTW, as you have soo much experience in real estate (and latinamerica that might you think everyone is the same) I suggest that you come over and check the coastal towns from Playas to wherever yo like, so next time that you want to share your opinion about prices will be based on see, touch, smell it instead of watching ads in internet.

Oh, that suggestion was for free. Hope is helpfull for you.
With all the respect that you deserve Sir, have a nice night, sleep tight.

Closed